Do you go onto the Gear Page?

Started by fulltone1989, January 14, 2014, 01:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

I was just banned for a silly reason for a week. I might sell some pedals and maybe an amp, but after that I am totally done with that site. What say ye?!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Heady Jam Fan

I go on there, but the "effects, pedals, strings and things" forum kinda makes me sick.

Whatcha do to get banned? Take the lords name in vain?
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on January 14, 2014, 01:52:21 PM
I go on there, but the "effects, pedals, strings and things" forum kinda makes me sick.

Haha you know it, I'm gonna make some Hebrew worship music and make a pedalboard thread about it.

But on a more serious note, it was because they managed to label my post about Groove Tubes amps as a FS ad.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: fulltone1989 on January 14, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Haha you know it, I'm gonna make some Hebrew worship music and make a pedalboard thread about it.

But on a more serious note, it was because they managed to label my post about Groove Tubes amps as a FS ad.

Oh, I didn't see your thread, but I assume you just simply mentioned you were selling it. Banned for a week is surprising, you'd think they would just send you a PM / delete your post.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on January 14, 2014, 02:03:41 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on January 14, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Oh, I didn't see your thread, but I assume you just simply mentioned you were selling it. Banned for a week is surprising, you'd think they would just send you a PM / delete your post.

Yeah it was kind of ridiculous. I don't own any tan pants, Hawaiian shirts and play gigs so I don't think I belong there anyways. Wait I do own some tan pants.

tsbot

Wow - you're not the first one either!  I only use it for the Small Co. Luthiers page to share my new build and look at other cool guitars.  Other than that it's got way too many opinions etc - not that thats bad - but I'm just concerned with the likes of Jambands...

I wish more folks posted here more often, way more relevant to my liking!

Time for a sit-in on the TGP haha! Good ol' fashion social disobedience.   ;D

fulltone1989

Quote from: tsbot on January 14, 2014, 02:22:51 PM
Wow - you're not the first one either!  I only use it for the Small Co. Luthiers page to share my new build and look at other cool guitars.  Other than that it's got way too many opinions etc - not that thats bad - but I'm just concerned with the likes of Jambands...

I wish more folks posted here more often, way more relevant to my liking!

Time for a sit-in on the TGP haha! Good ol' fashion social disobedience.   ;D

Yeah this is my favorite forum by a landslide, you guys are all awesome!

The only thing I really like about TGP is the emporium for unloading stuff bc of the traffic, but I think I'm just going to start using HRI, rig-talk, here, Seymour Duncan, and the Marshall forum for that. Rukind too but I haven't sold anything on there.

Heady Jam Fan

I like the Anastasio Tone Thread. Just a classic thread.

I think the Amp and Amp tech forum can be cool. There are some knowledgeable peeps and some good contacts too. It isn't the 'pedal-crack-head' hype of the effect-pedals-strings-and-things forum, but there is a cork-sniffery in the amps forums too.

I haven't gone on the techniques and playing forum for a while, but I've had some good discussions there, and helpful theory books as well.

Obviously, as you mention, the emporium can be very useful. For $12 a year, its a great way to support a resource for musicians while helping yourself find the gear you need.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on January 14, 2014, 03:09:58 PM

I think the Amp and Amp tech forum can be cool. There are some knowledgeable peeps and some good contacts too. It isn't the 'pedal-crack-head' hype of the effect-pedals-strings-and-things forum, but there is a cork-sniffery in the amps forums too.

I haven't gone on the techniques and playing forum for a while, but I've had some good discussions there, and helpful theory books as well.

Obviously, as you mention, the emporium can be very useful. For $12 a year, its a great way to support a resource for musicians while helping yourself find the gear you need.

Yeah the emporium is nice, and there's always some cool deals on there. I haven't tried Reverb.com yet but I will probably throw a pedal or two up there to see how it goes.

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: fulltone1989 on January 14, 2014, 03:35:24 PM

Yeah the emporium is nice, and there's always some cool deals on there. I haven't tried Reverb.com yet but I will probably throw a pedal or two up there to see how it goes.

I've just started surfing reverb.com and they have some nice stuff, but sometimes seems overpriced.

fulltone1989

Now that you mention it some of their stuff is kind of pricey, maybe some folks are anticipating a ebay like fee?

On a side note, I got the infraction dropped to a warning. I'm so glad I can sleep tonight.

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on January 15, 2014, 12:33:02 PM
Absolutely!

Do you guys ever check out the Phish tunes thread? That's an excellent one too.

CaptainPeyote

doesn't matter how many cool phish threads TGP may have, it doesn't make up for the rest of it.  good for a laugh occasionally, though   :D

picture_of_nectar

I kinda blame TGP for generally fucking up my life and causing my divorce. Be careful there!

Had some fun though and have some nice guitars to show for it!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone