Building a pedalboard from scratch...

Started by fulltone1989, July 14, 2011, 12:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

So I've decided on a good summer project, building a decent pedalboard from scratch to my specs. I have most of the building components and a plan of what I want to do. However, when it comes to effectively powering everything I have a few questions. I have about 8 pedals, with 3 to 4 of them needing AC power or their own supply (Repeater, Whammy, Boomerang.) I was looking at a PP2+ but don't really want to shell out the cash for not getting all the power I need. I was considering alternatives and I came upon this:

http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-ISO.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

I like the pricetag and the fact that the outlets are isolated from hum issues is something you don't see n many power strips. (15 foot cable too) I would also use a smaller power unit, such as an ISO-5, Fuel Tank JR, or a Supa-Charger. I'd like something with dip switches so I can run my OD at a higher voltage. Do you kind folks have any suggestions? I'm aware of the AC10 but i'd like to keep my expenses relatively low.

Also, where can I buy velcro-friendly carpet?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

ColForbin

That link isn't working too shit hot for me anyways,....cool summer project though.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.