4 is always better than 2

Started by Poster, June 11, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

Pulling half the power tubes for smaller rooms is fun  :-* My whites have never been whiter

Heady Jam Fan

I've been meaning to do this on my Mesa, especially since I am only using the EL34's anyway, and the heaters are just wasting the life of my 6L6's.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Lol the extension cab outs are upside down
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Poster

Quote from: fulltone1989 on June 14, 2012, 10:26:52 AM

when you eat that bag of dicks every morning for breakfast, do you remember to floss after?

and no, those jacks are not "upside down".

raisingfreen

Quote from: Poster on June 14, 2012, 02:45:51 PM
when you eat that bag of dicks every morning for breakfast, do you remember to floss after?

Only if you bite in the first place. I'm surprised you fell for that Poster...
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

MomaDan

you eat bags of dick for breakfast? Okayyy weirdo
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

fulltone1989

The labeling is, unless the Carr 6v or whatever this amp was built upside down to basically every other amp on the planet.

Good comeback by the way, you would think that will all the "touring" you do, you would've come across some better lingo to throw at people. We ain't in 5th grade anymore pal. Grow a pair. I was poking fun at you bc of all the lame you dish out on a regular basis.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Heady Jam Fan

Is the amp built that way so the heat from the tubes doesn't rise into the chassis and f*ck with all the components? I always thought it was kinda silly having the tubes bellow the chassis, especially since tubes on Fenders (and some other amps) seem to get loose so easily, gravity might hold them in better 'upside down.'
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on June 14, 2012, 11:41:24 PM
Is the amp built that way so the heat from the tubes doesn't rise into the chassis and f*ck with all the components? I always thought it was kinda silly having the tubes bellow the chassis, especially since tubes on Fenders (and some other amps) seem to get loose so easily, gravity might hold them in better 'upside down.'

I thought about this too, but if it was built that way then the heat from the tubes would rise and potentially cause issues with the reverb tank, which I assume is what that bag is at the top of the cab.

Poster

you eat bags of dick for breakfast? Okayyy weirdo
[/quote]

LOL repd awesome!

Poster

Quote from: fulltone1989 on June 14, 2012, 11:47:10 PM

I thought about this too, but if it was built that way then the heat from the tubes would rise and potentially cause issues with the reverb tank, which I assume is what that bag is at the top of the cab.

yeah you totally know what your talking about.  :D Nasa is hiring bro, bring your learners permit. But nah, a tank cant really warp, the wood might if it were to get wet. open up a reverb tank and look at it, mark and remember *waves hand over eyes. actually there are 2 tanks in that bag, I bet that just drives you crazy huh. there are three basic reverb controls, wet wet, and mix. you can make some completely scary funk happen on the fly :0) I love it. Its all bagged up though, weird things happen in this config, so lots of board+bagging it up to kill oscillation. not a mistake just apart of doing something like this.   

Poster

Its made to withstand the impending hobo apocalypse for sure!

IamWILSON

Quote from: Poster on June 11, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

Looks like the kind of thing that would start a fire and a big lawsuit.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

sour d

got any sound clips of this amp?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

fulltone1989

Quote from: Poster on June 14, 2012, 11:50:37 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on June 14, 2012, 11:47:10 PM

yeah you totally know what your talking about.  :D Nasa is hiring bro, bring your learners permit. But nah, a tank cant really warp, the wood might if it were to get wet. open up a reverb tank and look at it, mark and remember *waves hand over eyes. actually there are 2 tanks in that bag, I bet that just drives you crazy huh. there are three basic reverb controls, wet wet, and mix. you can make some completely scary funk happen on the fly :0) I love it. Its all bagged up though, weird things happen in this config, so lots of board+bagging it up to kill oscillation. not a mistake just apart of doing something like this.  

See, that one was much better :)

Last time I checked reverb springs were metal and metal expands and warps when it comes in contact with heat, unless YOU have an answer to that in your bag of dicks, errrm tricks ;).

I'd love to hear this amp and that koa guitar too.