9v Power Adapters - preferences?

Started by Heady Jam Fan, November 27, 2012, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

More details:

The boost in the ISP Decimator is after the loop, so it only affects the signal going to the amp, which is no biggie if it is just approximated IMO (and according to ISP).

I got my Ebtech HumX today and didn't notice a difference. Nor did I notice a difference using a Fulltone power supply with the ISOBAR8Ultra to power my TS9 or Comp (though it makes an improvement for my MDV2). So I can be pretty damn certain my power is fine, it is just all sorts of radiation from electronic devices; I live in an old house and each floor is an apartment, so there are TV's etc right above and below my rig. With the ISOBAR8Ultra, I was actually getting more noise if my rig was close to it; its jam packed with transformers, lol, so I guess that makes sense. If someone were to use one, it would have to be far from the rest of their gear.

So, unless anyone has any ideas I haven't thought of, the ISP actually seems like the best solution; the only other things would be trying to shield the inside of my guitar or something. The tech I go to said he did that once and it didn't make a difference at all. I will have to see if I think it is worth keeping all my extra power supply stuff in case I play a gig with crappy power: Tripp Lite ISOBAR8Ultra, Tripp Lite Line Suppressor/Conditioner, Ebtech HumX.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Happyorange27

Good report. No shame in the noise gate. My PA has a noise gate in the compressor. It really works nice when setting idle. No noise at all. Hey the goal is no mouse to the audience at all cost. Mission accomplished.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

I hear that. I feels good that I eliminated the possibility of power problems finally. If I wanted to go all out, I guess I could toss a 2nd Decimated in my amps loop ;)

There are two other things I am considering in my rig right now:

Do I want to stick with my MVD2? It is working nicely after my drives/comp/decimator, but I still get a little bugged by the fact that it is kinda scooped. And while I love the treadle, its kinda big. I also find that the intensity of the effect is hugely impacted by volume/drive; it is much more noticeable when it is overdrive/pushed a bit than when my signal is clean while I would prefer the interaction to be opposite; more effect on clean signal, milder when overdriven (obviously I can switch it on/off, but I find I change my amps setting for more midrange and less treble and bass when its on). I was thinking about trying a Phase 45 to keep things simple.

There are a few V30's for sale locally, I was thinking about getting one in a 1x12 and sending signal from the 2nd output of my El Capistan to an EHX 44 Magnum, which would power the V30 for a stereo rig, maybe even tossing whatever modulation pedal I end up using after the El Cap (might sound odd though), which will cut the modulation mix in half.

Also, selling an old guitar I haven't used in a while; I think it will get me enough to cover a Silverface Deluxe Reverb and Celestion Blue :D!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9