Main Menu

1st Post: My Rig

Started by Deadicated Phan, April 18, 2013, 08:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadicated Phan

Ya, the Deluxe is definitely a bit thinner and brighter. I think the CAE tone was the perfect balance. It was a bit brighter than the Mesa, but fuller sounding than the Deluxe. But the Mesa tone is kick ass. Ive got my tickets for PNC in July, so im looking forward to see what he's using there. It seems like he has the deluxe on stage with the Mesa now. Hopefully Ill be able to see it from the lawn  ::)
RMC 3>Whammy 4>AM ts-9 Brown>Maxon OD808>GCX--Mutron 3+>Boss Octave>DOD 250+>Phase 100>DM2000>Microverb 1>Boomerang+

Guitar: PRS Hollowbody II, Fender American Strat w/ Custom Shop Fat 50s
Amp: 1965 Fender Deluxe Amp, 1972 Blackfaced Twin Reverb
Cabs: Deluxe w/ Celestial Gold, Twin w/ stock speakers, Marshall 4x12 w/ Emi. Red, White, and Blues, Hard Truckers JG-1 w/ JBL K120 (looking for another speaker to go with it)

webephishin

I played on deluxe for the first time at my previous show...the reverb was shot on it- made the thing sounds like shit in my opinion.  It wasnt my amp and i didn't get to sound check with it at all.  But I agree with the previous statement that the deluxe has a thin sound to it.  Does anyone else here play a deville 410 like me?  I think its got a little more beef to it than the deluxe...
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410