A

Started by Poster, January 23, 2008, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

A
T

Walker done done

In short: YES

you HAVE to ground your strings, from what I know & my experience w/ mine - remember, that was the reason I had to send it back in the first place, because the ground wire for the strings was not installed.

From what I know, all other guitars do not need a ground wire like ours do because they have a metal tailpiece.  Problem w/ ours is that it's wooden (ebony in my case, not sure what yours will be).  Take a closer look at my pics I posted and you'll see a thin brass strip where the strings are threaded through.  There's a wire connecting that piece and going through to the bottom of the tailpiece, where it connects with a VERY thin piece of brass that is lined along the bottom of the entire tailpiece.  The tailpiece is connected to the guitar via a bolt that goes through to underneath the top of the guitar, where it connects w/ the ground wire, which is grounded to one of the pots (tone pot).

So...that's what I've got, though I will say you should consult somebody because I am NOT an expert on this stuff either, and only know all this from dealing w/ my issues w/ my custom.

PS - anyone looking for a custom, go to //www.aoguitars.com
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

PS - the reason for the sustain is due to the 1.) small body of the 2.) hollowbody, and the 3.) hot pups.

Not grounding the strings will only create a very annoying hum coming from the guitar that you won't want to deal with (trust me, I know firsthand).

PPS - are you going w/ solid shaft pots or split shaft?

PPPS - why go w/ 1 switch when you can install 2 series parallel switches?  Just wondering.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.