New demo featuring Whammy II

Started by webephishin, May 27, 2013, 07:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webephishin

This is a little demo I recorded today using my RC-2 looper.  I used the octave down to record the bass line and the octave up during some of the lead work.  Check it out! Positive and negative feedback encouraged!

https://soundcloud.com/schreintime/primitivity-demo
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

fulltone1989

Quote from: webephishin on May 27, 2013, 07:58:41 PM
This is a little demo I recorded today using my RC-2 looper.  I used the octave down to record the bass line and the octave up during some of the lead work.  Check it out! Positive and negative feedback encouraged!

https://soundcloud.com/schreintime/primitivity-demo

Nice!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

TheSeeker

That's awesome man!!  I especially like the outro whammy loop!!!
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

the_great_lemon

Very cool! Tone and playing is really tasteful; really digging this!  Cleaver use of the octave sounds to enhance each parts place in the mix, I'll have to try that...
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

webephishin

Quote from: the_great_lemon on May 28, 2013, 02:23:34 PM
Very cool! Tone and playing is really tasteful; really digging this!  Cleaver use of the octave sounds to enhance each parts place in the mix, I'll have to try that...

Thanks lemon!  I'm obsessed with the pitch shifter side of the pedal...like i said, the octave down is awesome when your jamming with yourself without a real bass to play with.  It cuts through well and the tone out of it is surprisingly good when the note is that low.  I would say 85%  of the lead work is using the octave up.  The beginning of the song has a short lead segment in which the pedal is not on- its just the tone from the guitar with my added DD-7.  I haven't been using the harmonizer side of the pedal too much.  Although i do love using the octave harmonizer.  If you have a phaser of some sort, I would strongly recommend putting it on with the Octave Up effect is on with the pedal toe-down.  Sounds pretty sick!! 
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex