Favorite Trey-esce guitars - got an Artinger, thanks all

Started by Heady Jam Fan, January 24, 2012, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Standard operating procedure here is you go back and delete all your posts and then disappear for a while until your meds run out again and you find some other new unsuspecting SD member to shit on. So get to it. Buh-bye.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on March 09, 2012, 11:41:40 AM
Whatever dude.

How about next time somebody gets a nice guitar that they are happy with, and proud to share with us, try and refrain from logging in to tell them they wasted their money on a piece of crap and should have just bought some cheapo Korean laminate thing instead?

We listened to your ranting and raving about how awesome your AO guitar was only to see you flip it in under a year at a huge loss I'm sure. All you ever got was support and compliments from us, but in reality you are the one that should have saved your money and stuck with chinese bullshit. Luckily happyoarnge was smart enough to capitalize on your mistake.

You really have no place commenting on anyone's gear here. You lost all repect long ago. It's not fair to nice people like Heady Jam Fan who don't know to ignore you yet. Everything you have typed in this thread is a perfect testemant to what a crappy person you are...I don't really give a fuck how you wanna represent yourself online, but it seriously pisses me off when you come in and crap on somebodies joy that they are getting from a new instrument. I can't really come up with anything more lame you could do in a gear forum. Just go away. I'm done, rant over.

Thanks PON - I try to be courteous, and Poster seems to have been here a while.

Quote from: Poster on March 09, 2012, 11:45:31 AM
lol all i said was it wasnt built like a languedoc? different scale? build? And I was referring to the long sustain, that can happen with a cheapo guitar, some people dont know that.

but thanks internet badass for keeping me in line. make sure to go take off your shoes, tuck yourself into a nice fleece blanket, and fuck yourself.

and thanks walker for hacking my karma yet again, some real tough guys around here.

I think I was the one who mentioned the difference compared to a doc, but I think your posts can be much more constructive if you want to supply helpful information as you mentioned above:
Quote"I think some cheaper hollowbodys can still get good sustain and the Artinger has some differences in the build, including the fret scale, as mentioned earlier. Personally, I think you can get a lot of Trey's core tones with a cheap hollow and PAF buckers, though I also use a pricey custom ;)"
It seems like you are knowledgeable about at least some aspects of gear, it would be nice to hear your opinions in a way that isn't condescending or whatever you want to call it. By all means, a little snark can be fun, but carrying yourself in an consistently offensive manor isn't healthy - I am new here and I don't know if that is completely the case/your thing, but it seems like it due to responses from others. Personally I don't take offense to it, but I feel bad as it seems you need to make yourself feel better about something - and I do not mean that as an offense, just how it honestly comes off to me and likely others, while constructive and knowledgeable posts conversely come off as confident and helpful.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

and thanks walker for hacking my karma yet again, some real tough guys around here.

Anytime buddy.  It doesn't mean anything anyways, so who gives a fuck right?  All in good fun.  ;)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

IamWILSON

Quote from: Walker done done on March 09, 2012, 12:44:49 PM

Anytime buddy.  It doesn't mean anything anyways, so who gives a fuck right?  All in good fun.  ;)

Some people here have strong opinions, yet are ultra sensitive to what others think about them.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

IamWILSON

Or another way of saying it is.... How ironic that the most insensitive person is the most sensitive person.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Poster

whatever, you want men to talk to you like they care about your feelings, I personally enjoy getting the information i need, not getting sweet talked! To each his own.  :D

Its all fun n games until you wakeup with a spent rubber in your ass

cup cakes and sex n the city dvds at wilsons tonight! we can rap gear.

dabomb

I have an Ibanez Artcore with 2 stock humbuckers that sounds pretty good. It's my 2nd guitar, but I'd be game to try switching out the pick-ups for a $100-$150 if I could get some great tone...ideas?

Heady Jam Fan

I think the interesting thing about pickups for this application is that luthiers like Languedoc and Artinger seem to really like relatively cheap PAFs like Duncan 59's (or Schaller Golden 50's, which are nearly the same thing). Those are not you top-tier, boutique pups and I think my Golden 50's sound pretty great, though I haven't tried any real pricey buckers in my hollowbody. There are a couple other threads where people discuss some pups that are probably considered higher quality.

The one thing I would definitely suggest is getting pups with 4 conductors if you want to do any of the interesting wiring. I would offer to sell you my Duncans, but they only have 2 conductors and I think you would be missing the options at some point.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

dabomb

I don't think I would put the time into investigating wire schematics. I have S.Duncans in my Stratocaster, (Cool Rail, Vintage Rail, Hot Rail), and am happy with them.

What kind of SD Humbuckers do you have?

Heady Jam Fan

I have a set of 59's... they are actually at my Luthier's place, so I need to find time to pick them up. I took them out of the Artinger I just got and replaced them with Golden 50's just because I needed 4 conductors.

dabomb

My e-mail is StevenD@usca.edu - let me know what you want for them w/ shipping included unless by some weird chance you happen to live near Augusta, GA.

Heady Jam Fan

Lol, I live in Pittsburgh, but I will try to pick them up this week and then send you an email if you still want them.

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on March 09, 2012, 11:52:13 AM
Hey poster, Can we get some pics of your latest guitar? Any links to some of your latest recordings?

I'd like to see these too.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.