2x Albany > Portland

Started by Walker done done, November 30, 2009, 08:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

What an incredible 3 night run of shows!  My body hates me, but my memories will see me through.  DL'ing the show now just to make sure what I saw was what I saw.  Sick setlists.  Tons of breakouts.  The boys are shredding.  2nd night of Albany, particularly the 2nd set, was hot as lava.  If you have a chance to go to MSG/Miami - go.  Unfortunately I can't make it either.  I'll say though, closing out a 14 show year w/ a hometown show is pretty cool indeed.  It was weird driving "back" to see a show in Portland. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

ColForbin

Portland was sick!!!  What a first Phish show to see, I was in my glory!  (I might have a lyric there....)

A fantastic setlist coupled with a surreal performance, I couldn't have asked for any better!!
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

sour d

Portland was a great show. The wife and I walked right past "security" on to the floor (our seats had no room to move). Crimes of the mind was a treat. I haven't heard that in years. I'm not saying it was a tease but the solo in that one sounded very similar to Joy at times. How about that Rock n roll? Trey was on fire. Great undermind. It was nice to here the boys inside again.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

I agree, the solo did sound a LOT like the Joy solo, and, without playing it to figure it out, I'm sure it's fairly similar structuraly.  But - I totally dug the song, loved the reworked version & had a unique perspective being directly behind the stage at the time. 

Loved getting Weigh & Nellie Kane as well.  A fun fact: I've seen both songs the last TWO times they've been played now.  Weird.  Meat was a nice treat too.  Interesting that Gordon played it w/ his solo project when he was hear earlier this year.  And how about that encore????  Certainly ranks as possibly THE encore of the year.

But probably my high of the 3 night run came when they played Sanity in Albany.  I just really had wanted to hear it again and didn't think I had a chance since they played it in Hampton.  That was a treat. 

I'll say, the AC/DC Bag first night opener in Albany initially was a let down for me (too predictable), but they smoked it hard, and followed it up with what may be the best Maze I've ever heard.  We were Page side 10 feet in and Trey & Page were locked in on that one, it was just as fun to watch them go at it as it was to listen to the insanity as it unfolded.  Give those two a listen with some good headphones. 

On Your Way Down, from Albany - never heard this before but I was LOVING every minute.  Great song, I was bummed to hear later on that it was a cover.

Other highlights from Albany include: My Mind, It's Ice, Timber Ho!, Uncle Pen, Walk Away, Cool It Down.  And the 2nd set of night 2 in general.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.