Main Menu

Hot diggity damn!

Started by Walker done done, March 08, 2010, 11:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Updated pics.  Should be here this month or early next.  I'll be substituting out that tailpiece for the one on my current guitar.

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

looks great man.
I can see where they moved that knob...if you hadn't said anything i would have never noticed probably.

You must be dying!!!!!!!
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Poster

what were they thinking with that flinstones tail piece! it looks like something the Equator guy would do... lucky youve got extras!

that things sexy. what kinda case you getting?

YouEnjoyMyReba

can you refresh my memory? is this an actuall languedoc or a replica?

looks beautiful either way
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

sour d

What are you doing with the one you have now? I thought that one was beautiful (I did notice you were tuning up frequently). The new one looks sweet.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

YEMReba = this is a replica, couldn't justify the price for an original.

sourD = when the new one arrives, I am shipping the old one back to them.  I assume he'll resell it at a discounted price.  My current one is beautiful, but when you take a sharp eye to it you start to notice a lot of things that aren't the way they should be for a guitar of that price.  Binding work, neck joint, etc.  However, I can't say a bad word about how it plays & sounds.  For that, it is exactly what I want and I hope & assume the next one will be the same, minus the cosmetic defects.

Poster = the case will be the same one I have now.  AO could tell you the brand name as I think he's using them now.  Not sure what case you got with yours but we could have the same ones.  Resurrection is now using different cases because (so I'm told) the case company in question now either charges more or makes you order more quantity at a time.  Not sure if that's true or not but that's the answer I was given, so rather than take the new case (SKB? don't quote me on that), I'm keeping my old one as I love it.  When the first guitar arrived, I half expected to open the case and see a Tommy Gun in there.  These cases are the nicest I've ever seen.  Looks like something straight out of a an old mobster movie, lol.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

New pics just arrived.  Should be shipping soon.  I'm a teeny bit excited. 

Poster, as you can see, getting him to makea new tailpiece was a success.  Much better than the last.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Walker done done

Quote from: Walker done done on September 03, 2010, 03:39:38 PM
New pics just arrived.  Should be shipping soon.  I'm a teeny bit excited. 

Poster, as you can see, getting him to makea new tailpiece was a success.  Much better than the last.

And fuck me, I gotta say I think I'm sportin' some wood over this thing.  All finished up she sure does look purdy.  I'm glad AO recommended staying with a natural finish, 'cuz he's right: Koa needs no color.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

patrickstefanski

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

patrickstefanski

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Current Rig:

sour d

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Beautiful, glad you chose to leave the Koa natural. Hope it plays to your expectations!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

LOL....Patrick, you know the feeling.  What's the status (status!) of yours?

Hey sour D - give me a ring when it's convenient...got my guy to give an attractive price on the one I'm sending back.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

patrickstefanski

just wow.
to expand on my last  post....that looks so good.  the figure of the koa just above the front pickup is so nice....so nice.  You should be so stoked.  Any word on a delivery date?

As for mine...Andrew sent word that the sides are mid-bend...as soon as i get some pics i'll post them on my blog thing.

this one looks 100000000 times better then the previous one, and i thought that one looked hot.  Congrats man!

Current Rig:

Walker done done

Quote from: patrickstefanski on September 04, 2010, 10:58:26 PM
the figure of the koa just above the front pickup is so nice....so nice.

I agree, I can't wait to see it in person.  That's part of the reason it took so long for this one to get to the finish line.  He spent a long time looking for a nice piece, and as you probably know, Koa isn't the easiest wood to come by.  He passed on quite a few pieces before this one came along, and I'm really glad he did.

Quote from: patrickstefanski on September 04, 2010, 10:58:26 PM
Any word on a delivery date?

Ships Tuesday, should be here Friday.  Fingers crossed...this part always sucks.

Loop 3 Boomerang+