Main Menu

my 2011 rig

Started by Poster, March 13, 2011, 11:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Quote from: Ole' Whiskey Calhoone on July 19, 2011, 02:37:56 PM
Quote from: Walker done done on July 19, 2011, 02:19:09 PM
Hey ^^

Who's walnut guitar is that I saw on your Facebook page?

Thats one of my graphite necked "Bolt" prototypes awaiting shipping to me. It features a thru neck, brand new bridge design (that allowes for much less tension than string thru or other tailpiece setups for these kinds of guitars. Strings last longer, stays in tune like a tank), carbon fiber from one end to the other, stainless frets, ebony fretboard (pre oiled-so you dont have to oil it everyday for a year), and some solid Vermont maple on the back. There are a handful made of sexy Graphed Walnut, working on a solid Ebony one, some Koa is floating around, I like the Walnut though... Also been collecting extremely old rare woods from Antiques. Going to be doing a couple of Mark Knopfler Showmasters out of some Mahog that originated from his home town, 240 years ago, in the form of a 14 foot, claw footed dinner table. My mom used to own an antique store and an art gallery. So Ive inherited some pieces, and otherwise have some great contacts for sourcing crazy wood. Didnt really put that together till a few months ago, not many luthiers seek the very rarest

Hmmm, really?  I thought it was a new AO Guitar.  Sure looks a lot like like one to me.....that's a little weird.

Anyone else see the resemblance?

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Walker done done on July 20, 2011, 02:24:51 PM

Hmmm, really?  I thought it was a new AO Guitar.  Sure looks a lot like like one to me.....that's a little weird.

Anyone else see the resemblance?

I thought the same thing when the first pics were posted, mostly because of the headstock.

Poster, do you have any pics of the finished headstock?

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Walker done done

Quote from: Poster on July 20, 2011, 02:43:42 PM
It isnt a bolt on, has no string thru, has a completely different head stock, scale, materials, body depth, components, body shape, and that is one of a couple of prototypes. The real ones have a carved top, and more angular upper horn, and lower curve the body. But thanks for trying to douche me up! You could have allowed me to share my own pictures of the finished product but hey, jump the gun!

You do a perfectly fine job of douching yourself up just fine dude.  You don't need any help from me.  All I'm saying is that design, the neck joint, the horns, the headstock (not identical...but pretty damn close) all look very similar to one AO Guitar.  A simple observation, 'tis all.  
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

Well that proto is one of a kind, it wanst really made to be sold, so the headstock was just improvised by the builder (which ended up being like a block on a triangle, it isnt like my ao's headstock at all anyway), in fact, they all vary quite a bit. The ones now have a bigger fat base and more aggressive revolver kinda thing going on. Little incremental blocks on the bottom cutaway routed out.

^ Walker you really wanna start flaming me? You constantly shit on me, I only wish you the best. Iam going back and removing all of my posts that Ive ever shared. Really do not need any negative vibes right now and most of my friends on here can contact me in other ways whenever they need me! For some reason I just dont like being around a forum where anytime I have an opinion or share an honest piece of insight I get nasty emails from you. Scott and I have never had a problem, ever. So hes cool, screw you, Iam out! Peace< And I mean that

sour d

Quote from: Poster on July 20, 2011, 03:38:04 PM
^ Walker you really wanna start flaming me? You constantly shit on me, I only wish you the best. Peace
Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think walker is shitting on you man. Just making an observation and asking a question. I have to admit when I saw the picture the first thing I thought was that it looked like an AO knockoff other than the holes. Kinda like a squier AO or an Andrew epiphone thing going on. It's only a prototype and I've only seen one pic though.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

Quote from: sour d on July 20, 2011, 03:51:41 PM
^ Walker you really wanna start flaming me? You constantly shit on me, I only wish you the best. Peace
Whoa whoa whoa, I don't think walker is shitting on you man. Just making an observation and asking a question. I have to admit when I saw the picture the first thing I thought was that it looked like an AO knockoff other than the holes. Kinda like a squier AO or an Andrew epiphone thing going on. It's only a prototype and I've only seen one pic though.

yeah your cool too D. find me on fbook or something. Peace!

Walker done done

Iam out! Peace< And I mean that

Which part do you mean?

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

Both, that Iam removing all of my posts that make you so angry, and that I wish nothing but peace to you. you can keep changing your karma all you want, but you deserved all the negs you got, and should have never hacked and changed mine when you had a hissy fit! Or at least wrote them down. When you did that it ruined the whole system. Now you can have this forum all to yourself Walker! You can have threads about who dresses the most like trey, which favorite phish song do you like to dance the hardest to, how awesome all your gear sounds, with no problems ever all the time!  

Walker done done

Quote from: Poster on July 20, 2011, 04:00:29 PM
Both, that Iam removing all of my posts that make you so angry, and that I wish nothing but peace to you. you can keep changing your karma all you want, but you deserved all the negs you got, and should have never hacked and changed mine when you had a hissy fit! Or at least wrote them down. When you did that it ruined the whole system. Now you can have this forum all to yourself Walker! You can have threads about who dresses the most like trey, which favorite phish song do you like to dance the hardest to, how awesome all your gear sounds, with no problems ever all the time!  

LOL if you think I'm getting into a war of words w/ you here, I hate to break it to you = ain't happenin'  ;D

Good luck in your endeavors. 

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

Yeah I bet you wouldnt want to do that would you? Notice you remove my admin privileges when your out hacking karma? Nice request to remove me as admin email, that you obviously waited for no reply to. You sir, are a complete ass. 

Poster

Nice private message calling me a cancer! Thats pretty low.

fulltone1989

Well that proto is one of a kind, it wanst really made to be sold, so the headstock was just improvised by the builder (which ended up being like a block on a triangle, it isnt like my ao's headstock at all anyway), in fact, they all vary quite a bit. The ones now have a bigger fat base and more aggressive revolver kinda thing going on. Little incremental blocks on the bottom cutaway routed out.

^ Walker you really wanna start flaming me? You constantly shit on me, I only wish you the best. Iam going back and removing all of my posts that Ive ever shared. Really do not need any negative vibes right now and most of my friends on here can contact me in other ways whenever they need me! For some reason I just dont like being around a forum where anytime I have an opinion or share an honest piece of insight I get nasty emails from you. Scott and I have never had a problem, ever. So hes cool, screw you, Iam out! Peace< And I mean that

It doesn't really help that whenever you talk it gives me the impression that you think you a better than everyone else (which you aren't) Your opinions aren't facts from god either. How does TCE Repeater have black firmware when they're no way to plug them into a computer? How does someone who works on Klons not know they aren't true bypass? How do you not know what a whale call is after so many "whammy" threads? I think your tales may be a bit tall.  Of course, everyone has their own opinion, kind of like their own butt hole (which is what I think you are.)  ;)

Also, all I hear is a whaa whaa whaa going on all up in this thread.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

raisingfreen

In his (poster or whoever his is today) defense the headstock on his old AO was obviously a request by him to Andrew to make it a little more Lanquedoc like. So if he is coping anybody it's actually Lanquedoc (headstock wise) and not AO guitars. Those who know Andrew's designs know that style of headstock is more of a request and not his usual flavor. I know this as I have asked Andrew to do something similar even though his headstock designs are very classic and styled in their own right. AO guitars are absolutely distinguishable if you have seen enough of them. I do agree strongly that the horns are very similar as well as the way the neck pocket angles towards the lower horn.

Steve Jobs once said "the best ideas are stolen".
In this case, it was stolen, molested by aliens and returned with a restocking fee to-boot... It may be slightly influenced, but this is clearly not an AO guitar design.

On the other hand, showing an entire potential customer base you are a borderline sociopath always makes things interesting.

Remember its not your fault. Your the victim. It's important to play that up. It builds character.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

raisingfreen

Just a note that there is a guy over at RuKind that is trying to sell knockoff Waldo TPC1~Tiger Preamp Clone's and getting a similar blasting (ie; Neil Schulman). Seems the guy made friends with Waldo, got a hold of the buffer, the exact parts used etc.. and then tried to sell his copy to the same customer base. Apparently he also had numerous identities on the same forum allowing him to gather the information, act like various different people etc... and go unnoticed till recently.

Just in case this type of thing starts happening here, does StrangeDesign offer any kind of LifeLock identity protection? I don't want my karma score to be compromised due to this raging epidemic....
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

fulltone1989

We will have to see if Andrew cares to comment about this.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.