What's Your Favorite Phish Show

Started by strangedesign, September 06, 2007, 11:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

Not even close. 3rd night of a 3 night run at the Fox... Was 2nd row center... I'm working on getting a copy that you guys can download... I was at a ton of shows in '95 including Madison Square both nights for NYE and this was by far the best...

11-11-95 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA

1: Cars Trucks Buses, Mike's Song-> A Day in the Life, Poor Heart, Weekapaug Groove, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Ya Mar, Stash, Amazing Grace*, Fee, Chalk Dust Torture

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra-> David Bowie, Suzy Greenberg, Uncle Pen, Fluffhead, Sleeping Monkey, Frankenstein, Suspicious Minds, Run Like an Antelope

E: Acoustic Army, Good Times Bad Times

*A capella (no mics).
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Erictw83

I think I have to go with Madison NYE '95, mainly because that's the first show I listened to that really really opened up the world of phish to me,  even though there are other shows I listen to more now and probably like more based on song selection, performance etc.  Trey's solo out of weekapaug gives me goose bumps everytime i listen.  

That must have been a helluva show to attend man...

gratephulphish123

Quote from: \"Erictw83\"I think I have to go with Madison NYE '95, mainly because that's the first show I listened to that really really opened up the world of phish to me,  even though there are other shows I listen to more now and probably like more based on song selection, performance etc.  Trey's solo out of weekapaug gives me goose bumps everytime i listen.  

That must have been a helluva show to attend man...

i was turned on to phish by this show as well and i really love it, but i overplayed it, so i havent listened in a month or so...

i'm really diggin earlier phish right now, so i might have to say live phish vol 7 or murat at the moment, but new years 95 will always be my favorite

Walker done done

My favorite show that I attended was Hartford 6/30/00, although the Lemonwheel was also pretty intense.  That Hartford show is just smokin' though - it's under the free stash at nugs.net if you haven't heard it yet.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

they have so many good shows, and so many shows with dank sets, but personally if i need a day changer show, i wouldnt be surprised to find myself putting on 10/31/97 live phish 14. the heads cover show. Born under punches, the great curve, (not a huge simple fan) but that is the best simple ever played, the jesus left chicago is awesome with gierhart, suzy greenberg. alll sooo sick.

also 7/26/98 dallas tx set II, in my opinion the greatest yem \"jam\" ever played. the begining arpeggio's are sloppy but the funk is just amazing.

just to get a little more mainstream you cant really go wrong with like 4/2 and 4/4 island tour type stuff

by the way had my computer on random the other night and cuaght the mikes song from the roxy theatre in i think '93, i heard easily 10 songs played within the jam of that one mikes song, funny to listen too if you havent heard it.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

gratephulphish123

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"just to get a little more mainstream you cant really go wrong with like 4/2 and 4/4 island tour type stuff

how about 4/5 island tour. LOVE that yem! the first set blows me away everytime, the entire show does except for possum which i'm not a big fan of (12 bar blues is rarely exciting for 10 mins), but the super funky cavern, theme>mcgrupp, it's good stuff man

i've also seen alot of people who love that stash from 4/2 but i think it was pretty sloppy until the closing space jam, which was great

SharinginaWickaboagGroove

The first set I actually bought on CD was 4/4/98 Island Tour so that has a special place for me, definately one of the sickest funky bitches I've heard, and the last disc just really takes it to a new level: ghost-> the lizards-> david bowie -> harry hood: are you joking!? But recently I've been diggin on some 12/7/97 Nutter Center Dayton, OH, super funky shit that just gets you moving.

I run into this problem all the time, I can never just pick one set.
Also one of my favs that I catch a lot of shit for is 2/26/03 at my home venue Worcester Centrum Center.  I'm not terribly into the 03 sound (sans 2/28/03's absolutely redankulous tweezer) but for whatever reason i just really enjoyed this set.  they busted out one of my fav YEM's as the opener that harkened back to the glory days, and I thought it was really special and different how they played songs from each of their solo projects.  You also can't deny the Moma Dance, and Makisupa -> Ya Mar.  Ghost wasn't as funky as I typically prefer, but it was a nice groove that segued into Low Rider well.

Anyway thats all I'll say for now, because I could really type about this shit all day.

strangedesign

Quote from: \"strangedesign\"Not even close. 3rd night of a 3 night run at the Fox... Was 2nd row center... I'm working on getting a copy that you guys can download... I was at a ton of shows in '95 including Madison Square both nights for NYE and this was by far the best...

11-11-95 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA

1: Cars Trucks Buses, Mike's Song-> A Day in the Life, Poor Heart, Weekapaug Groove, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Ya Mar, Stash, Amazing Grace*, Fee, Chalk Dust Torture

2: Also Sprach Zarathustra-> David Bowie, Suzy Greenberg, Uncle Pen, Fluffhead, Sleeping Monkey, Frankenstein, Suspicious Minds, Run Like an Antelope

E: Acoustic Army, Good Times Bad Times

*A capella (no mics).

Well, on one of the other boards I frequent we had a discussion about Phish stories and I posted about this 3 day run at the Fox. Sicne I already typed it up I thought I might as well copy and paste it here. So here is how my weekend went...

I take this chic to the shows and the first night she is a total bitch. I don't even remember why but I remember she was pissing me off. So instead of staying for the next 2 nights I drive her ass back to Bham after the show. The next morning I get a call from this super hot chic asking if I was going. She and her other hot friend wanted someone to go with. They had a room at the Four Season so I said hell yea. They drove me and I proceeded to drink  a 1/5 of tequila from Bham to ATL. I was about blacked out when we got there. They said I was laying on the bathroom floor hugging the porcelain while they were getting ready. When it was time to go I told them to sell my ticket b/c I was too wasted. Well, they drug me to the lot and that's when I started sobering up. I remember feeling so shitty and I had no weed. I ended up trading my ticket for a sack. I got high and then I was back but with no ticket.

The show just started so I walked around the side of the fox to get out of the cold. I was with a bunch of kids listening to the band by some doors on the side. Then cops ran us off. I followed 2 spinners around back till we get to the loading docs. 1 kid runs over to see if the garage door is open and sure enough it was. They went in and I was right behind them. When we get in we are in a room about 10x15 and there are about 15 other kids already in there. A couple of them took a 2x4 sitting in corner and pried the door that went into the venue. Well, the door flew open and we were looking right over Page. We shut the door and trying to figure out what to do. Our plan was to all run out and jump off the stage into the audience at half time. So, till then we just danced and smoked in this closet and occasionally opened the door to see the band. Then all of a sudden one of the crew opened the door and said, \"What the fuck!\". I pleaded with him to just let us in. He says, \"hold on\". He comes back and says it's your lucky day. In single file line we all ran behind the band, across the stage and out into the Fox. Luckily I had my ticket for the next night which was front row. So that's were I went! Needless to say we had a great time. The last night was the best show I have ever seen or heard Phish play.

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Well after listening to an amazing copy of Red Rocks 6/11/94, I can safely say that it is a superlative show...holy fucking shit.  Non-stop rippin' it up from front to end.  This might have catapulted itself into one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Erictw83

I've been exploring Fall 97 shows because they are all over bt.etree due the tenth 10 anniversary, and wow every show has been killer.  11/22/97 though so far stands out.  I Definitely recommend, supper jammy.  Now I'm off to get some more fall '97!! Rock on

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Walker done done\"Well after listening to an amazing copy of Red Rocks 6/11/94, I can safely say that it is a superlative show...holy fucking shit.  Non-stop rippin' it up from front to end.  This might have catapulted itself into one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time.
This is a classic. We were discussing this show the other day over at www.panicfreaks.org . This has always been on my top 5 favorites

www.strangedesign.org

lumpy

07-29-97 Desert Sky Amphitheatre, Phoenix, AZ

1: Theme From the Bottom, Beauty of My Dreams, Gumbo, Dirt, Sparkle, Ghost, Swept Away-> Steep-> Loving Cup

2: Oblivious Fool, Run Like an Antelope, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Twist, Taste, Sample in a Jar, Rocky Top, The Squirming Coil

E: Possum

amazing show
20 min antelope goes wayyyy out into space
uber funky ghost
and best. gumbo. EVER

i love this show

and even though its post hiatus IT fest rocks
can you still have fun?

Poster

well gumbo was my first phish song i ever heard, and i just fucking love that tune! ill def find this gem on etree and give it a listen, again lumpy dude, good contributions here  :wink: