Boss Rc-2 Loop

Started by gratephulphish123, December 17, 2007, 03:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"Question, is the fs5u that trey has labeled once used for his boomerang to do that heavy things harmonic, the one the rythmically runs throughout the main sections of the song?
There is not an input for a tap tempo pedal like he has built in if that is how he does that. Who moded that thing?
The boomerang is what Trey uses to create that beat in Heavy Things. The boomerang also has a button called \"Once\". When you have a loop going you can push the \"Once\" button and the loop will finish it's loop and stop or it will start the loop and play it one time. Brian hot wired the \"once\" function on the circuit board of the boomerang and sent it to the Boss FS-5U momentary switch so Trey can sing and comfortably trigger the boomerang from a singing position instead of a playing position where the boomerang is located on the carpet which is in the best position for playing.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"Question, is the fs5u that trey has labeled once used for his boomerang to do that heavy things harmonic, the one the rythmically runs throughout the main sections of the song?
There is not an input for a tap tempo pedal like he has built in if that is how he does that. Who moded that thing?

if iam understanding your question correctly, the tap tempo box trey uses during heavy things is NOT used in direct conjunction with the rang. dunlop makes a pretty wide variety of little plastic tap tempo boxes, some can be used as \"once\" switches with stuff like say the DM2000 digi delay rack to engage the effect or disengage it but certainly not used with the boomerang.  :)

Erictw83

I know this thread is a bit older, but I thought I would add my 2 cents.  I have an RC-20XL pedal.  It's fine and easy to use when jamming alone.  In a group setting it is TOTALLY FUCKING USELESS!!!!  I've noticed there is some delay between stomping on the pedal and the initiation of the loop to start playing.  This makes it impossible to cue up a loop in tempo with the rest of band.  So it's not just you man.... its the pedal.

Poster

t beat in Heavy Things. The boomerang also has a button called \"Once\". When you have a loop going you can push the \"Once\" button and the loop will finish it's loop and stop or it will start the loop and play it one time. Brian hot wired the \"once\" function on the circuit board of the boomerang and sent it to the Boss FS-5U momentary switch so Trey can sing and comfortably trigger the boomerang from a singing position instead of a playing position where the boomerang is located on the carpet which is in the best position for playing.[/quote]

huh, i just saw this strange? i havent seen any weird lines running out of treys rang, do you have any picks of this mod?

strangedesign

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"t beat in Heavy Things. The boomerang also has a button called \"Once\". When you have a loop going you can push the \"Once\" button and the loop will finish it's loop and stop or it will start the loop and play it one time. Brian hot wired the \"once\" function on the circuit board of the boomerang and sent it to the Boss FS-5U momentary switch so Trey can sing and comfortably trigger the boomerang from a singing position instead of a playing position where the boomerang is located on the carpet which is in the best position for playing.

Quotehuh, i just saw this strange? i havent seen any weird lines running out of treys rang, do you have any picks of this mod?
You can see the black cable with the red sleave that goes straight to the board of the boomerang. You can also see the CAE ISO-1 in this pic.

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

hmm i wonder if thats how trey can loop a pitch bend so easily? its harder than it looks to get the timing right if you have to move your foot far from one to the other?

strangedesign

I still wonder how he is looping the pitch bend but I don't think he can do that from the remote \"Once\" button. I'm pretty sure all he can do is play a loop once or stop it. Same functions the Once button has on the boomerang

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

well ill tell you strange Ive looked hard an long at the pitch bend mystery. from all the tape ive seen right when trey got his whammy + rang in about 97? 98? treys ability to pull of good loops gets better and better over time. in that ghost video I posted in the audio/video section you can clearly hear trey fuck that pitch bend up with a clicking noise and that was 98 i believe. now fast forward to say IT, and in all the videos where trey does a pitch bend its like the record button gets hit the moment he starts the bend and ends as soon as he depresses the whammy all the way down (or up)? you just know something is up in the mix there. i mean how does he click his true bypass looper, hit the record button, turn on the whammy, hit the record button again all half fucked up without going out of time?

strangedesign

Trey is a Jedi. That's the only way he can possible do this. ;)

This might be a good question for Brian. Because Trey does it sooooo much, I;m sure Brian knows how he does it.

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

we need to get one of those \"vacuu-brain suck\" things the aliens have in the simpsons, so we can take all of brian's knowledge....

strangedesign

www.strangedesign.org