Share your pedalboards!

Started by fulltone1989, November 16, 2011, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on December 28, 2011, 01:17:14 AM
Hey Thomas, I noticed you got rid of your Full-Drive 2.  Was that for any particular reason? From everything I have read it looks pretty tasty, especially with the extra boost switch for the "face melt" tones.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays so far!  Get any new gear?   :)

On an unrelated note...am I going to see any of you at MSG on the 29th or 30th? Can't. F'ing. Wait.

I had a great holiday, Thanks!

The reason I dropped the FDII was purely out of curiosity because I wanted to try out the Jetter Gain Stage Red. The FDII is a pretty versatile pedal, my favorite setting was comp-cut or vintage, it was a staple on my board in such incarnations.

The Jetter GSR covers more of an old Marshall sound and can get pretty close to Duane Allman's tone, and is a great substitute for fusion as it can get very zen-drive like and into *umble territory.

The Barber worked really well with the FDII and covers a lot of sonic territory. For example, it's got five internal trim pots that affect various aspects of the OD from your guitar. I mainly use the Barber as a mid and low gain boost to get the Jetter into Violin-like sustain mode. The trim pots I talked about let me boost the mids and get a little TS sound from it on it's own. They play surprisingly well together too!

Glad to hear you snagged NYE run tix! I unfortunately have to work (I work at a hotel) however the tips may be the shiz, enjoy yourself!

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Brian27

I got myself a line 6 POD HD500. I was skeptical at getting another digital effects unit in my rig since i have a M13 in it but i have boxed up my Whammy II and now have a much better way of utilizing any Whammy sounds with True Bypass. Also a huge advantage is to be able to mix direct sound and effect sound. Now i can use up to 8 effects at once in any order at any time. If i want to use 8 Whammy's at once i can.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Brian27 on December 28, 2011, 09:10:38 PM
I got myself a line 6 POD HD500. I was skeptical at getting another digital effects unit in my rig since i have a M13 in it but i have boxed up my Whammy II and now have a much better way of utilizing any Whammy sounds with True Bypass. Also a huge advantage is to be able to mix direct sound and effect sound. Now i can use up to 8 effects at once in any order at any time. If i want to use 8 Whammy's at once i can.

And the HD500 can do all that?! That does sound pretty awesome. It is a rack unit? I've never heard of it.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Happyorange27

Looks cool and probably is cool. I had to break my multi effects unit habit a while back. I'm 8 months and three days sober.  ;D
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Here's my latest incarnation, CMATmods comp and MDV came in today

sorry about the sideways picture

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

that tuner and looper need to by bypassed as they dont really have true bypass. Not that many true bypass pedals, but id still utilize a buffer of some sort after run through all that stuff.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Poster on January 23, 2012, 02:50:05 PM
that tuner and looper need to by bypassed as they dont really have true bypass. Not that many true bypass pedals, but id still utilize a buffer of some sort after run through all that stuff.

Well, the Korg Pitchblack and TC Flashback are both marketed as true bypass pedals. I switched to the buffered bypass on the FB to allow for trails on the delay, and to preserve my signal. I also placed a T1M mini-buffer between the Wah and tuner and the start of my signal.

Happy - Thanks! The MDV was just what I was looking for in a vibe.

MomaDan

Heres my "pedalboard" as of now. Blue pedal is a Landgraff DO clone with the 3 clipping modes, might be trading it soon. I only use the DL4 as a looper really.

LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ

ColForbin

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on January 23, 2012, 09:46:13 PM
Quote from: Poster on January 23, 2012, 02:50:05 PM

Well, the Korg Pitchblack and TC Flashback are both marketed as true bypass pedals. I switched to the buffered bypass on the FB to allow for trails on the delay, and to preserve my signal. I also placed a T1M mini-buffer between the Wah and tuner and the start of my signal.

I know the Korg is marketed as true bypass, but I'm not so sure....but I could just be being weird.  That said, my pedal board is in flux and I'm considering taking the tuner out all together and just have one on top of my amp.  But yeah, I run my flashback on the buffer as well, I think it sounds great to my ears.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

Happyorange27

Best true bypass test.  Play through the pedal as normal, disengage the effect (bypass), then pull the power or battery from the pedal.  Does it still allow your signal to pass normally?  Well there is your true bypass for dummies test.  No mystery after that.  I did this with my Flashback to ensure if I had it set to buffer or true bypass.  Very reassuring.

ColForbin

Nice Happy, makes perfect sense.  I'm going to do that with my tuner just to make sure.  Badass.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Quote from: MomaDan on January 24, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
Heres my "pedalboard" as of now. Blue pedal is a Landgraff DO clone with the 3 clipping modes, might be trading it soon. I only use the DL4 as a looper really.

Nice stuff Moma! Does the AC15 have an FX Loop? What wahs would you compare the picture to?

Happy, Forbin- I really dig my FB's buffered bypass. I think it sounds great and is a nice feature added to a killer delay.

Happyorange27

Yep I leave the buffer on the Flashback.

MomaDan

Thanks Thomas. The amp doesnt have an FX loop but I wouldnt use it right now anyways. The Picture is the first wah I have owned. Once I found a good spot for the volume trimpot it sings. I can really get that Trey 97 sound I was looking for especially with some dirt behind it. It had a squeaky pot on arrival so I sent it off to Teese and its all good now.
LP Studio w/ Wolfetone DR. V>Wilson Rippah>MXR Classic Dist>CompRosser>Strymon Mobius>Boomerang>TU-2>Fender SF Champ