Main Menu

Recent posts

Trey Anastasio Tabs / scabbard?
Last post by treyphan77 - February 12, 2017, 03:40:15 PM
I'm trying to get the groove down but it is confusing. Anyone have any details?
Guitars / Re: Equator Guitar Owners
Last post by Helping Friendly - February 02, 2017, 07:09:03 PM
I ordered a saddle from the guy in Colorado. I'll let everyone know my thoughts when I get it. I'll post pics also. Peace and love.
Your Rig / Re: Treys MSG Rig
Last post by Mister Buddy - January 19, 2017, 11:35:48 PM
^

this x 1000
Last post by Jkendrick - January 19, 2017, 10:39:56 PM
I think the Marshall was the most drastic change. For me the 808 is the creamiest, smoothest of the Tubescreamers, but it is definitely more mid-heavy. I have a TS9 modded by Keeley and an 808 with the True Vintage mod from Analogman. I prefer the 808, but like the choice and the two stacked together balance well. My issue with the Komet tone and especially the Marshall is that it's just too gainy. I liike Trey's tone smooth and creamy without much grit or growl.
Last post by Helping Friendly - January 19, 2017, 05:07:40 PM
You could be on to something with the 808's. In my opinion i think the majority of the added low end came from the Komet. I remember hearing those amps are bass heavy. But who knows? It could be a combination of things. Either way I much prefer the mesa with the silvers.
Last post by afountas - January 19, 2017, 04:11:01 PM
I understand but if you A/B an AM silver vs. a stock 808, the silver seems to have more clarity and sound brighter.   For some reason I always thought the 808s sounded sort of muddy... but I am talking about a new 808... never played a vintage one before.   But, i've also never played a Komet. 

However, the reason I am leaning toward the cause being the 808s is because we've heard a bunch of different amps recently (bogner, deluxe reverb, mesa, marshall) and the impact on his tone was much less dramatic (in my opinion) compared to the last few shows.  So, either the Komet is way different compared to all these other amps or it's something else. 

But, serious I don't know.. just tons of speculation.
Last post by Down_With_Sco - January 19, 2017, 03:04:36 PM
Quote from: afountas on January 19, 2017, 12:18:34 PM
Maybe it's the TS 808 pedals?  I feel like they're a lot bassier sounding than the analogman silver modded ts9s.

But the AM mod brings them to 808 specs before the Silver mod is even setup.
Last post by afountas - January 19, 2017, 12:18:34 PM
Maybe it's the TS 808 pedals?  I feel like they're a lot bassier sounding than the analogman silver modded ts9s.
Guitars / Re: Equator Guitar Owners
Last post by Helping Friendly - January 18, 2017, 06:04:46 PM
Trunk- your pm box is full. I would be interested in a saddle for sure. You can just email me. Maybe some pics too if you have time. I would be very grateful.
My address is Jerzey2222@yahoo.com
Your Rig / Re: NAD - Express 5:50+ (plus)
Last post by express50express - January 17, 2017, 10:55:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Did your 5:50 come with a Black Shadow mc-90, and did you replace it with a vintage 30? How are the cleans with the vintage 30 compared to the mc-90? I guess what was your reasoning behind swapping, if you did actually do that. I heard the v30's can get really harsh in the upper mids and that the mv-90 is a great speaker for the amp.

I also noticed that the amp can sound great one day and the next, i don't know what happened. I think it's my ears and combination of warming up.

I'm also getting a tube kit from dougstubes. i have heard good results from getting rid of the stock mesa tubes in this amp.

The probably i'm having now with this amp is, i play mainly strats and mostly blues, and i am having trouble getting the highest to thicken up. they are def on the thin side, which is why i wonder what a different speaker would do to this amp.

I've also heard to dial things in, start everything at zero and then add, especially treble. going to try this tonight.

Thanks!