Deluxe Reverb minus the (useless) reverb = 1000 dollars less expensive

Started by cactuskeeb, June 24, 2010, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstefanski

Quote from: cactuskeeb on June 26, 2010, 12:07:14 AM
Quote from: patrickstefanski on June 25, 2010, 02:06:08 PM
USELESS?!?!?!?
you are nuts

OK, fair enough.  Assuming you're a beatnik living in circa '63 southern Cal, and you just heard the latest solid-gold surf hit on your girlfriends tiny, sand-blasted, hand-held radio, and you wanted to get that spooky sound on your own, without the help of a major label studio, then--and only then--you would you, could you, possibly dig that far out echo, man, on that shiny new Fender Electronics amplifier you tried out at the local mom-and-pop boutique department store.

I love the reverb. i keep it the knob just below 3, so its subtle, but i love it.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

jadirusso

Quote from: patrickstefanski on June 28, 2010, 11:59:52 AM

I love the reverb. i keep it the knob just below 3, so its subtle, but i love it.

Agreed .. I do the same.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head