Cheap Road Cases for amps *UPDATED

Started by Poster, March 06, 2008, 09:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

So I finally bucked up and ordered a hard case for my modded deville. Generally speaking the cheapest way to get a road case is to locate your neared OSP dealer as they make quality cheap road cases aprox 175$. BUT if your like me and hate paying the middle man, there is a company called HYBRID cases out of New York that makes great stuff. They made all of my metal pedal board cases and they have already lasted me 3 1/2 years. My amp case is slated to arrive friday via fed ex, so well see how she shows up, its supposed to 1 inch ply with carpet plush mounted inside, with a foam kit. My one piece of advice is to opt out of buying spring loaded handles and the heavy duty caster wheels as if you live near a Home Depot and have access to a decent drill you can add that shit for next to nothing. I paid 80 bucks (included S/H) for this case and I can assure you thats about 50 dollars less that dealer cost on one of those OSP cases! So if your a gigging musician rejoice! I just saved you a bunch of money and you didnt even have to switch car insurance  :roll:

*UPDATE got my \"roadie\" case tonight and it fits my rox deville like a glove. I wouldnt throw my amp down an elevator shaft, but for hauling in and out of my trailblazer, up and down stairs etc, this baby is a winner. BEST 87$ Ive ever spent!!!! Def made of the 1 inch ply so aside from the wheels its exactly like the more expensive cases all the music suppliers i checked with offer. The only downer is its this wicked ugly light blue color? Meh this is music not some queer fashion show ;0)

**GO ONTO EBAY AND SEARCH FOR SELLER ID CASEKITS