Main Menu

ISO-1 Pics

Started by strangedesign, September 07, 2008, 12:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

I don't remember what thread it was, but one of you asked for pics of the insides of the ISO-1. There is not much to it. Here it is

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

lumpy

Bradshaw semen is well known as a highly effective hum eliminator

where have you been?

I invited him over on night, now I'll never need to buy an ISO
can you still have fun?

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

SoundLikeMyself

it has been gooped.... that way those of us who would like to build one can't do so by reverse engineering it from looking at the actual product.

Whatever transformer is in there is hidden to keep it proprietary.

Lots of boutique builders do this - the Klon being one of the most famous examples.

cactuskeeb

Perhaps...

Or perhaps it's merely there to hold the middle component steady, keeping it from bouncing around inside the metal chassis.   ???

Happyorange27

There is no good way to attach this transformer which is designed to be soldered into a PCB.  This seems to work good enough.  I can find these parts on electronic websites.  I think I'll build my own for about $30 total.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

Also I just noticed the jacks have to be plastic against the enclosure because they obviously can't share a common ground.  The silicon is also keeping the transformer neutral.  This is critical or else the whole thing is pointless.  I love figuring this stuff out!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

Please Google "Ebtech". Looks like great stuff to do the same thing at a good price.