Trey's New Cables

Started by the_great_lemon, October 21, 2013, 02:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

Happy to see Fall Tour underway; they're KILLING it apparently (but when aren't they ::)). Can't wait for Glens Falls!

Anyway, I had noticed in some of the official pictures on Phish's Facebook page that Trey had new cables coming out of the Ocedoc.  They seem to be George Ls.

Please share any other info you may have!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151638141941290&set=a.10151638140516290.1073741859.6458611289&type=3&theater
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Quote from: the_great_lemon on October 21, 2013, 02:22:00 PM
Happy to see Fall Tour underway; they're KILLING it apparently (but when aren't they ::)). Can't wait for Glens Falls!

Anyway, I had noticed in some of the official pictures on Phish's Facebook page that Trey had new cables coming out of the Ocedoc.  They seem to be George Ls.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151638141941290&set=a.10151638140516290.1073741859.6458611289&type=3&theater

Yeah that does look like a George L. I think its great he went back to that guitar, must be because it sounds bettter for indoors?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

What is the electric box on his strap?  Not a wireless system is it?
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Happyorange27 on October 21, 2013, 04:38:34 PM

It's his charger. 
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

TheSeeker

PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

the_great_lemon

Quote from: fulltone1989 on October 21, 2013, 03:46:49 PM
Quote from: the_great_lemon on October 21, 2013, 02:22:00 PM

Yeah that does look like a George L. I think its great he went back to that guitar, must be because it sounds bettter for indoors?

I totally agree!! Love the sound of the Ocedoc....sorta sad to have it put away all summer.  Didn't particularly love his tone this summer either compared to the MSG run 2012. Blasphemy, I know... :-X

Quote from: Happyorange27 on October 21, 2013, 04:38:34 PM

And I was thinking the same thing!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

I agree, the tone at Hampton was super nice. This summer's was good too though but he had more time with the amp so maybe he knows it better?

I think it's Jerry Garcia in a pouch, man.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Happyorange27

The CB-type guitar preamp was originally designed
by John Cutler for Jerry Garcia. The goal was to
produce a preamp that would boost the signal
enough for long cable runs, yet still preserve the
exquisite, natural tonal quality of the guitar. Cutler,
along with Peter Miller of CAE Sound have refined
that first product to the point that it is now being
built into custom guitars by the Gibson Company
and Scott Walker Custom Guitars of Santa Cruz.
Among the professionals
now using the CB2 are
Warren Haynes, Steve
Kimock, Barry Sless, and
John Kadlecik of Dark Star
Orchestra.
The CB2 can be purchased
either as a board that can be
mounted inside the guitar
body, or as an external, boxed version — with a
bypass switch — that can be worn on your belt or
attached to a guitar strap.

http://www.caesound.com/cb2_spec_7.pdf
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989