Hey There from the Hard Truckers

Started by hardtruckers, December 19, 2007, 09:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardtruckers

Hello, We get a bunch of people coming over from here so we thought that we would stop by and say HI!

We are the Hard Truckers and can be found at //www.hardtruckers.com
We love to talk gear and would love to hear from you if you have any questions.

We make top of the line speaker cabinets and road gear, stop by and check us out.

Thanks for having us and happy holidays! See you on tour!
-the Hard Truckers Crew

strangedesign

Is that you Glenn? This is Scott. Hope everything is going ok for you guys. We are heading your way tomorrow around lunch time. I will give you a call when we get there.

Peace!
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

hardtruckers

It is indeeeeed brother man..
Drop me a line
g.

hardtruckers

Hi Poster

Give me some stats on your Deville...

ie wattage, ohms etc

thanks man
g

hardtruckers

Ohms?

Do you have a speaker jack and an external speaker jack in the back? are they wired in parallel? Ohms?

thanks

hardtruckers

It sounds as if the amp wants a 4 ohm load if there are two 8 ohm speakers. If you have the chance then we can find out for sure by looking up the manual online.

The way most Fenders are wired is that the two speaker jacks, external and internal are in parallel. Meaning.. you need to keep the same 4 ohms. In other words. To use the internal speakers and an additional speaker cabinet you have to have an 8 ohm external cabinet AND change out your internal speakers and replace them with 16ohm speakers that create an 8 ohm load.

SO... that when you combine the two sets of speakers (one inside the combo  and one external cab) you have a 4 ohm load.

Confused? Sounds as we are on the same page...

The sound issues you had with your 4x12 may could have been mismatched ohms or if you had the combo loaded as well just too many speakers and not enough power.

Your amp should be able to push 4 speakers but you will have to push them as you only have a 60 watt amp, it sounds as if thats a tone you like.

the muddyness is what you dont like. getting away from the eminence is a good first start. the tone tubbys have incredibly tight lower mids that really round out nicely. i think you would dig em...

Did I help?
g.

hardtruckers

Hey Poster,
sorry for the delay getting back with you. blame it squarely on scott as he kept me out all night...

it doesnt really matter which ohm speakers you have in the ext cab or the combo as long as it comes to whatever ohm load your amp wants to see.

using a 15 or bass speaker is just another form of experimentation and great. it will all come down to funds. do you have enough disposable income to really try every option in your quest for that special tone. i read a great piece once by steve kimock once where he talked about gear and \"chasing your tail\".  there are so many different things you can try and money you can spend. sometimes its as simple as changing your string gauge.

if i was you, and while id love to sell you a cab, try switching out your combo first. get a feel for another speaker other than the eminence. see where that leads you...

peace

hardtruckers

that soun's like a man with a plan. be advised that the break in period on the tone tubby's are about 20 hrs or so which tends to be a bit longer than most speakers. they will sound great out of the box but get better with age like a fine wine.

definitely do keep me informed of your progress... we all like to talk gear over here.

peace
glenn