Main Menu

my rig

Started by Walker done done, January 20, 2008, 12:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Inspired by Lumpy, here's an updated version:

Custom Resurrection Languedoc replica > Garmopat heavily modded Vox V847 > Emma DiscumBOBulator > Analogman silver modded TS808 > Analogman silver modded TS9 > Analogman Orange Squeeze Juicer > Keeley 4-knob Comp > Boss TU-2 digi tuner > Visual Sounds H20 Liquid Chorus/Echo > Boss DD-6 digi delay > Whammy IV > Fender HotRod Delux. The red box in the corner is a HardTruckers y-junction box but I am not using it right now because something's f'd up with the FX loop.

Doc replica pics can be found under my post \"So I'm getting a new guitar\"
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

^^ROFLMAO  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Too true

The brick is part of the pedal board, though they do sell them seperately.  I don't think it's any better than what you've got, in fact eventually I think I'd like to get a Furman or the like.  It's basically a cheaper and more convenient/temporary solution.

I get a much more squashy sound out of the Squeeze than the Keeley, though the Keeley just has a tone that I'm into right now.  Remember I had that 2-in-1 Bi-Comp and got rid of it because I really wasn't all that stoked about the Comp part (very loud, popped every time), so I traded it in for these 2, basically.  Best of both worlds = a better comp pedal and got to keep the Squeeze that I liked.  Sometimes I engage 'em both at the same time, but only when I am in the mood to shatter some windows or fight off evildoers or bust some eardrums.  I'm telling you, with my hollowbody, when I engage both TS's and both comps, a fucking hole opens up in the clouds above me and shit starts to go down - I think it's some sort of portal to some netherworld or something.  It's pretty freaky, I've only done it like once or twice because it's actually a little intimidating and scary.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Posternutbag, this looks right up your alley:
http://www.burkey.nl/index.htm

cactuskeeb

You can buy it direct from Burkey by clicking on the \"shop\" link at the top of their homepage.  It's actually 250 Euro, which is 350-360 U.S. dollars.  The strength of the dollar in European markets is at an all time low, which means that if you do decide to get it, you won't find it for sale inside the continental U.S.  If perchance you do find one, expect the price to fall somewhere in between 450-500.  In other words, forget-about-it with the random U.S. websites that annoyingly list this device on their product page when they likely don't even sell it anymore (a common practice among almost all botique electronics dealers especially as of late).  If you ask me, 350 dollars direct for this thing is a bargain for the die-hard pedal board person (you).