My Band 'Sauce'

Started by the_great_lemon, April 19, 2012, 10:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_great_lemon

Hey guys, my newish jammmy band Sauce just got ourselves a soundcloud page with two tracks.  One is an actual song, the other is an hour long jam from a couple weeks ago.  Lemme know what you think!!!!

http://soundcloud.com/saucey-jams/
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

sour d

Guitar sounds great bud. What are you recording with?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

the_great_lemon

The guitar is recorded with a lone Senneheiser e609 silver about 8 inches from the Blues Jr.....Thanks!!
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper

Happyorange27

Lemon you a fucking sick!  Great chops and taste. That Mojo Vibe is tits and your entire style is on point. Thanks for sharing!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

the_great_lemon

Thanks so much happy!! and yeah its the stock NOS speaker.

Happyorange27

Yeah that NOS Jensen is great. Makes me reconsider my speaker. Jensen gets you into Hendrix type tones but dude I think you are nailing the Trey tone. Between your Ross, that speaker and the Mojo (and everything else) you just have it down.

I know the guy that demos the Nos Jr. on you tube, Stevie Snacks, makes that BJ sound sweet. I think a jangly speaker like that Jensen is more tolerable in a band setting but harsh in solo playing. I'm only trying to assume that from my stock Eminece lightening bolt speaker.

Anyway you got me exploring that Sweet Honey and Jensen speakers. Thanks for recording and keep them coming.

the_great_lemon

Quote from: Happyorange27 on April 22, 2012, 08:28:03 AM
1Yeah that NOS Jensen is great. Makes me reconsider my speaker. Jensen gets you into Hendrix type tones but dude I think you are nailing the Trey tone. Between your Ross, that speaker and the Mojo (and everything else) you just have it down.

2I know the guy that demos the Nos Jr. on you tube, Stevie Snacks, makes that BJ sound sweet. I think a jangly speaker like that Jensen is more tolerable in a band setting but harsh in solo playing. I'm only trying to assume that from my stock Eminece lightening bolt speaker.

Anyway you got me exploring that Sweet Honey and Jensen speakers. Thanks for recording and keep them coming.

1.  That makes all the sacrifices I've made to get the tone worth it!  Only thing is, I keep the 'Volume' and 'Treble' controls around the same place; they're usually between 4-6 (out of 12).  Btw, the I tried the Vibe same way trey uses his...after overdrive and it sounded lame, so I moved it before and presto, chewy as some Jujubees  ;)  mmmmm Jujubees....

2. I've seen those videos too, and yeah the Jensen realllllly cuts through with a band.  We jam with Keys sometimes and they're hard to hear because my amp puts out so much perceived volume with this speaker.  Only thing is that I've noticed a sort of rattle. It doesn't sound like cone cry or a ripped speaker...maybe the reverb tank???

I'll try to record our jams more often so I can post 'em up! Thanks!

the_great_lemon

Looking for some constructive criticism. Thanks!  ;D

the_great_lemon

Hey guys,

Sauce just finished recording one of our songs 'Big Red Flashlight'. Lemme hear whatcha think!

http://soundcloud.com/saucey-jams/big-red-flashlight

raisingfreen

Quote from: the_great_lemon on April 22, 2012, 10:06:28 AM
Only thing is that I've noticed a sort of rattle. It doesn't sound like cone cry or a ripped speaker...maybe the reverb tank???

Try tightening the center screw on the back side of the tweed Jr. (Actually tighten all of them) These amps (specifically the tweed ones) are notorious for a rattle. Most think its tubes or the tank. It may be but most times with pro jr.'s and blues jr tweed versions its the back panels or just loose screws. Drove me nuts for a while and just like a last minute bradshaw move I started tightening up every screw on the amp and presto no rattle.

Hope that helps.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

sour d

Quote from: the_great_lemon on September 30, 2012, 08:34:37 PM
Hey guys,

Sauce just finished recording one of our songs 'Big Red Flashlight'. Lemme hear whatcha think!

That sounds really good. Well done.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

the_great_lemon

Quote from: sour d on October 01, 2012, 02:18:20 AM
Quote from: the_great_lemon on September 30, 2012, 08:34:37 PM
Hey guys,

That sounds really good. Well done.

Thanks Sour!

Quote from: raisingfreen on September 30, 2012, 11:11:22 PM
Quote from: the_great_lemon on April 22, 2012, 10:06:28 AM
Only thing is that I've noticed a sort of rattle. It doesn't sound like cone cry or a ripped speaker...maybe the reverb tank???

Try tightening the center screw on the back side of the tweed Jr. (Actually tighten all of them) These amps (specifically the tweed ones) are notorious for a rattle. Most think its tubes or the tank. It may be but most times with pro jr.'s and blues jr tweed versions its the back panels or just loose screws. Drove me nuts for a while and just like a last minute bradshaw move I started tightening up every screw on the amp and presto no rattle.

Hope that helps.

Yeah thanks a bunch freen, I had given up on finding the rattle but i guess its time to continue the quest.  Thanks for the suggestion!

Happyorange27

Find the note that makes the most rattle, set your loop pedal and let it go.  Put down your guitar and get a long pencil and start poking components with the eraser until you find the culprit.  You might have to do this with the back cover off.  You will definitely find it this way.

the_great_lemon

I fixed the rattle thanks to some great suggestions! I can always trust you guys for reasonable and sound advice and I really appreciate it!  ;D

Last week we jammed with our good friend who plays the keys.  I don't think i stopped smiling the entire time. It was lots and lots of fun and now he's going to be joining the ranks as a band member which we're all pretty stoked about.

Take a listen to this little snipit of our jam the other day.  Thanks!!
http://soundcloud.com/saucey-jams/october-12-2012