Trey and his use of 2 tubescreamers

Started by mike-o, October 13, 2009, 10:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike-o

Has he always used two tubescreamers for his crunch and lead tones?  I know this is pretty unpractical, especially when he was using a CAE 3+ preamp which has gnarly and natural clean, crunch, and lead tones on it's own.  Also I know when he was using the Fenders he had a footswitch for the amp's clean an OD.  So how does he use the 2 tubescreamers?  Is one of them purely for sustain or something?  I can't imagine that sounding good, but I can't deny his badass lead tones.  His Great Went guitar tones make my mouth water.

mike-o

And it looks like he's running that single-channel (with no boost) preamp into the Mesa's power section now, leading me to believe that he truly does rely on the tubescreamers for his channel changing.  Thoughts?

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

HunSanity

yes the analog man silver mods make them work better togeather and reduce the "pedal sound" on a regular TS 9.. he keeps one on all the time @ low crunch usually (but from what i understand has been know to change settings depending on bands etc) and then the second one is kicked on to kick it up a notch..to me its brilliant as it keeps the tone true regardless of the amount of OD he is going with.. if i were you i would look at www.analogman.com (tube screamer page) and just get your google on to read more..