The DM2000 modulation.

Started by Brian27, February 25, 2009, 09:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

Does anyone know any other way to produce the modulation that the DM2000 does or do you have to have a hold function and modulation at the same time

Stiles12

to do it the way trey does it like in Free from 97 era http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SJVpk14cgU&feature=PlayList&p=0F93F0E39003EF97&playnext=1&index=17 , you need the hold and mod on. From my experience with out the hold function the mod really dosnt do much of anything on shorter delay's.

I find this noise is hard to use musically, but is a cool way to build jams. Trey uses his CAE Trem when the siren is going down to make it a little more wacky.

This is something I always wanted originally, then I got a DM and I dont really use it for this effect. wierd 
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

raisingfreen

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced alternative to the bradshaw 4x4 switcher. I have been using a few Boss FS-5L pedals to control the functions of the DM2000 and other rack items. I may be wording this wrong, but there must be a simpler way to control various rack mounted effects. I don't have much gear so I only need to have like 6-9 switches that I can set to control various functions, such as hold, mod, reverse reverb, delay on/off....
Otherwise I would need a bunch of the Boss FS-5L pedals with cable running to all the inputs?

Thanks,
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Stiles12

I use a GCX ground Control and audio switcher

I like it, almost all my gear is in a rack and it helps me out so much

I switch amps with it also change pre-amp settings... I run my Dm, my overdrives, compressor, tuner, filters I change speaker cabs with this thing... It is very handy and works well... It is not hard wired like Bobs but still sounds great, the FET buffers also add a lot... You should check it out
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

strangedesign

from what i've read the GCX ground Control is the way to go for the price. you can put your effects in their own loops and then simply turn the loop on and off. i use a cheap loopmaster switch with 4 loops for this and then a CAE fs-2 switch to control the HOLD and MODULATION on the dm2000
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org