Main Menu

T

Started by Poster, June 11, 2009, 04:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

T
0)

mcgrupperton

Treys new tricks are making me quite happy. He's getting it back and it's soooo good to see.

picture_of_nectar

Knox worth paying for the download, over Ashville? The set list sure looks like a rocker.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Stiles12

Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Brian27

I dont understand this topic. Looks like he moved his whammy over but as far as a new effect goes i need more detail. What did it sound like?

mcgrupperton

Thank you Stiles. Downloading now..listening on the way to work. Good stuff.

raisingfreen

As far as what the new effect sounded like, that debate is up to some creative wording for sure. I have read everything from "whales fucking" to "Isaac Hays getting his nuts kicked and he still sounded sexy" (-1 octive of course). I would agree with the whale calls part, but it is used to good effect. I like it.

We could write a whole section on famous guitarist that come up with a new way to use a whammy pedal. I give em all props because they aren't exactly easy to master. Trey sure makes it look easy though.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Brian27

Trey has been using the one octave lower effect for a long time. Its nothing new. No new effect i guess

raisingfreen

Yes I listened. So lets say I left out the part about the -1 octive. Whale call is what it sounds like sometimes. I only mentioned it because it has been brought up on several other sites referring to his new sound as well. I just think its funny the reaction its getting.

BTW,  Saw your Buck Horns today over at AO. That is going to be some guitar.

raisingfreen

Whoops, sorry poster I don't think you were even talking to me.
Forget my lest entry.

HunSanity

okay so you arent referring to the whammy being incorporated with the wha to give that gurgle sound.. like the mikes song i heard at jones 6-2 he went into the F# jam immedialy rocking that.. which was sick.. but i am thinking you are referring to something else.. ill have to listen to the knox ..

HunSanity

i believe i heard it over the weekend while re listening to the Camden show i attended.. he does this a lot in the First TUbe Jam.  very sick.  good catch.

rbt

Quote from: posternutbag on June 12, 2009, 12:24:22 AM
Quote from: raisingfreen on June 11, 2009, 11:32:25 PM
As far as what the new effect sounded like, that debate is up to some creative wording for sure. I have read everything from "whales fucking" to "Isaac Hays getting his nuts kicked and he still sounded sexy" (-1 octive of course). I would agree with the whale calls part, but it is used to good effect. I like it.

We could write a whole section on famous guitarist that come up with a new way to use a whammy pedal. I give em all props because they aren't exactly easy to master. Trey sure makes it look easy though.

iam not talking about the whale call dude. this has nothing to do with going a -1 octave down. his foot rides the rocker the entire show. he uses it to detune when he does slides and bends. 0_o
Yea i know exactly what your talking and have achieved this before. It's all gotta do with how you hook up that whammy where and to what? I would have to go back and mess with it again.Sry couldn't really get it out of  the top of my head. anyone tried hooking the whammy to the dm 2000 feedback loop
Well if you use dm @651ms and whammies oct etc.. n pull back on the rocker or go toe down,,  either way
You will get a nice delay expand that drags the notes depends how smooth u operate the whammy.
You can hear this on Story of the ghost album (song=  ghost )
Also detune mode changes greatly CAUTION CAUTION the sound levels will build while using this Very loud so adjust whammies level
what happens when rocker is pulled back in detune you will get sustain harmonic note but it can be uncontrollable to a point course wouldn't really use dm2000 @651 for this
This could be used for backing sound for a crazy solo or just adding something quick to the mix.