Fishman, why no respect?

Started by Flavaham, July 02, 2011, 02:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flavaham

I've been listening to Phish since '93(ish) and I've always said that Fishman is a sick drummer.  Why do you never hear him mentioned?  He can play ANYTHING!  He NEVER makes a mistake!  Seriously, he should be getting a little more recognition in my opinion.  If someone knows of some articles/interviews on the web with him, specifically talking about his approach to playing, I'd love to read up some on his style. 
Thoughts?

Brian27

Ive been wondering that for years myself. He is one of the best drummers in the history of music. Even if he isnt in the top 5 he should be in the top 10 list of greatest all time Drummers.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Flavaham on July 02, 2011, 02:47:16 AM
I've been listening to Phish since '93(ish) and I've always said that Fishman is a sick drummer.  Why do you never hear him mentioned?  He can play ANYTHING!  He NEVER makes a mistake!  Seriously, he should be getting a little more recognition in my opinion.  If someone knows of some articles/interviews on the web with him, specifically talking about his approach to playing, I'd love to read up some on his style. 
Thoughts?

The recent biography of Phish has some insight as to how Fish practiced. Used to jam along to the Isley Brothers.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.