Killer shows post '98

Started by Erictw83, November 15, 2007, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erictw83

I've mainly been listening to phish pre 97 and earlier, I haven't really ventured into '98 or the great beyond...Does anyone have some recommendations for awesome shows from 98-04 that rival the early years?

Poster

duuuude what is the matter with you?!! there are bunches of great shows post 98'
try memphis 99'
big cypress99'
fiddlers green colorado 00'<<< go dosed on neon sour patch kids blotter and had to grab the orange dress of a chrishna to  find my car after the show, truent from school after drivng straight for 23 hours ;)
nassau colesium long island NY 03' (those are the shows I went to that stick out in my memory as being fucking amazing, did the whole tour in 99 and most of 2000, 03 i did 8 shows and nassau was the best IMO)

Walker done done

I'd add the Lemonwheel, Virginia Beach 8/9/98 (Terrapin encore), Hartford '00 (can be found @ nugs.net free stash), and the NYE run from Miami '03 for sure.  There's a TON of good post '98 stuff....just gotta poke around.  There's a few gems in '03 as well.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Erictw83

Thanks for the suggestions.  I know, i know, there are some great late era shows i've been missing out on, I've just been suck back in early 90s, but I'm ready to move on up.  i have lemonwheel day 1, which is sweet, but I'm pissed for some reason the file for the ambient set is corrupted and won't play!!  :? That was half the reason why i torrented the show in the first place.

It's harder to poke the phish collection without the helping friendly listeners guide (aka Archive.org) to point you the way to the diamonds in the rough.  I'm definitely gonna check these shows out, i just gotta make space on ye old hard drive.

Walker done done

//www.nugs.net (free stash has a bunch of shows you can stream then DL if you like them)

//www.momadance.com

are a couple to start from, also there may be some at sugarmags but I can't remember......
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

Walker done done

^^^ Good call!  For some reason I've ever seen that one before  :oops:

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

me neithor, i just snached like 4 shows ;0)

Poster

grab that antioch TN one from 99 best punch you in the eye ever! i remember during yem the crazy lightning was in time with some of the changes, people were freaking out, i know i was!! :roll:  :roll:  :oops:  :shock:  :D

Erictw83

Thanks for the tips guys!  I know about nugs but for some reason i can't get the shows to stream off the site.  But momadance.com and phishshows.com look golden.  I like the option to stream since my computer is filled.  (downloading a show means deleting another, so the new show better be good!)  I'm streaming big cypress right now ,  I'll definitely check out antioch 99.   :D