Billy Breaths Demo Tape

Started by Burrhead, November 26, 2007, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burrhead

I have been looking around your site for a specific song off a bootleg Billy Breaths tape I got some time ago.  Like about 10 years ago actually!  Whew!  Those were the days.  Anyhow, I don't even know the name of the song, but it was not on the official release and I totally love the song.  I think it is just an E A B blues progression.  It was at the end of the tape and I always just called it \"Weekly Times\"  It definitely sounded like a Mike song.  Its got him singing the lead and Trey in the back with the Wah pedal going and Page playing the Hammond funky.  The lyrics go something like:

its a dark shade of sunlight
that flicked on top of my coffee yesterday
but who am I to judge you
cuz I didn't see your reflection in the waves
but you bought the coffee grains

so we could sit here together drinkin
in this crusty of kitchen everyday

Weekly times, not much of your time to make me stay
all your rhymes don't make a song I know
they make it go away
Im leavin
so you can cross me off your schedule
keep it filled up with your non stop daily games

Let me know if you know the name or where abouts .  Thanks.  Josh

Poster

Hey Welcome to the forum! Ill look around and see what I can dig up, the lyrics you mentioned dont ring a bell at the moment, but you are in the right place!

Burrhead

Hey thanks for the quick reply.  There has got to be someone else out there that has this tape.  I need to dig it up. I have a crappy mp3 of it.  I could probably redo that and get it out to anyone who wants to hear it for himself.  It is a really sweet song.  Its nostalgic and quite melodramatic, seems almost personal in nature to me also.  I would love to know if anyone has any more background on this at all.  I have never heard them play it live.  It's never been on any official live release either.  Maybe I should email Mike or Trey.  I  dont know.  Thanks for the feed back though

Poster

yeah i dont think youll be able to get mike or trey on email  :lol:  neithor one of them maintains their websites or whatever, simply upload the mp3 to a hosting site and post a link. i probably have what your talking about, but you must realize ive got weeks worth of phish on my computers bro ;0) well figure it out fret not wookie 8)

Burrhead

Right on.  Thanks again.  Could you send me the link for the best place to post that mp3?  I was sort of kidding about contacting the boys in the band.  Like they have nothing better to do than to check their email from some scrod like myself.  No worries there.  Peace!  Go Ron Paul!

Poster

well you can actually give the mike gordon hotline a call and there is always the chance he'll call you back. he left a weird messege on my old answering machine and i didnt delete it for 4 years LOL but i think you can upload music up to photobucket.com

Burrhead

Sweet!  I am calling him now.  I will post that link as soon as I find the original tape and get a good mp3 out there.