Trey in Boston, 10/23

Started by Walker done done, October 25, 2008, 12:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Saw the show the other night; it was good, not great.  Here's the setlist, which I'm sure you've all seen:

Set 1:

Push On Til the Day
Heavy Things
Dark And Down
Come On Baby Lets Go Downtown
Burlap Sack and Pumps
Drifting
Tube Top Flop
Mr. Completely
Shine

Set 2:

Intro
Last Tube
Sweet Dreams Melinda
Sand
Let Me Lie
Backwards Down the Number Line
The Way I Feel
Gotta Jibboo
Sample in a Jar*
Wilson*
Bathtub Gin*

Encore:
Tuesday
First Tube

* Solo Acoustic

Decent, like I said, but not over the top.  First set was fairly strong musically.  A big exploratory jam during Completely that I thought was impressive.  Sand also had a gnar jam in it.  The highlight was probably Wilson - got the crowd going crazy, and as soon as Trey played the first note, the place blew up and Trey looked up from his guitar laughing into the mic w/ a huge grin on his face.  Unfortunately, Tuesday kind of took the wind of the venue, what with ending on such a nice high note, but First Tube was an ok attempt to get it back, though IMO, ultimately failed.  Happy I went nonetheless.  Anyone else see any shows?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

*I forgot to mention the hilarity that ensued @ the end of Wilson, before the "blap bap" shit @ the end, Trey kept going on & on w/ 4 or 5 (maybe more....) "rock 'n roll endings" working off E - if you get a chance to listen to a copy, it's pretty funny, he was having quite a good time amusing himself
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.