Main Menu

Bass amps...

Started by xero92, January 08, 2008, 12:32:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xero92

Don't know how many of you out there are bass players, but I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for an affordable bass amp that I can crank up loud without worrying about the tone becoming muddy or distorted.

Thanks
Trying to stop these demons that keep dancing in my head!

xero92

Are they loud enough to keep up to volume with drums keys and guitar in a small room if we are really jamming out?

xero92

Awesome I will check 'em out, thanks for the quick response!

Stiles12

Thunderfunk, The guy I play with uses this and it is sooo sick. this guy named Dave Funk makes these things. Its a rackmount amp and its under 20 pounds, add a dope cab and you will not only have plenty of power but professional tone.

We play in a studio most of the time and are able to play at max volume at all hours, I have two 65 deluxe reverbs, the drummer plays both a pearl studio and a digi set and both of cranked up as loud as we can, cant drown out the bass. We joke around about just turning up so we don't have to hear him anymore, and his amp is just way to powerful. Never gets muddy, and dosnt sound like its coming out of a tin can like a lot of the line 6 stuff does when you turn it up. I suggest looking into it.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

jonb52578

hartke makes some descent stuff for the price. most people roll their eyes but we have an 8x10 here in the store that will split ribs for less than 600
talking about music is like dancing about architecture