Main Menu

P

Started by Poster, January 22, 2008, 10:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster

P
H

gratephulphish123

very very nice dude, have fun with it. i've only ever dreamed of playin a nice hollowbody like that

arkjdfgkjdbf

wow the shape looks perfecto.  if you let me play it i'd probably get so worked up I'd smash it at the end of the song.

Walker done done

I agree, the shape is spot on too - let us know how it sounds already!  Well, when you get it, that is
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

I envy your twenty-four fret, two whole octaves, neck.  But what I also like about Paul L.'s guitars is their small-scale hollowbody size.  I really can't stand the ES-335 size body.

Walker done done

Quote from: \"cactuskeeb\"I envy your twenty-four fret, two whole octaves, neck.  But what I also like about Paul L.'s guitars is their small-scale hollowbody size.  I really can't stand the ES-335 size body.

Agreed, the 335 is too bulky for me too.  When I got my custom I was actually really surprised at how small it was, it felt like a toy almost, but it's very comfortable and extremely light.

And yes, having 24 frets is bliss, when you need it.  There's no other way to go.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

There's another one on ebay now.  Search for \"Koa custom guitar.\"  Notice the weird angle from which the strings bend at the nut as they're travelling toward the the tuning pegs.   :roll:

cactuskeeb

Hey, don't get mad at me :)

I'm just wondering how it stays in tune! :P

And honestly, dude, you are selling these instruments, are you not?  So, of course you'll love them.  
And don't get me wrong--I think in many ways it's a great guitar, to be sure.

Walker done done

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"
Quote from: \"cactuskeeb\"Hey, don't get mad at me :)

I'm just wondering how it stays in tune! :P

And honestly, dude, you are selling these instruments, are you not?  So, of course you'll love them.  
And don't get me wrong--I think in many ways it's a great guitar, to be sure.

Actually Iam not selling these at all. We are going to be selling Jerry replicas from david, these hollowbodies are too time consuming and expensive to make. Ill keep you guys posted,  :P

Uhh.......so you're telling me the Jerry replicas won't be time consuming and expensive to make???  Then what the eff are they going to be, pieces of shit?  C'mon.  If it's worth anything, there's no way in hell it won't be time consuming and expensive; a Jerry replica, if remotely close, is going to be even more time consuming than the hollowbody.  And I'll be honest: the F-hole binding work (not sure what's up w/ it....is that masking tape or what???), and the fact that it's not even an arch-top, let alone a carved-top guitar (at least it doesn't look that way in the pics), makes me question how expensive these hollowbodies really are and why you couldn't semi-mass-produce them for a reasonable price - which, btw, is something I think you SHOULD do, because I think it'd be a hit.  In all due respect, of course my friend, but I've just gotta ask these questions.

Loop 3 Boomerang+