Main Menu

Swirly vibe

Started by Stiles12, January 23, 2008, 02:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

anyone know anything about this vibe made by sweet sound. Is it good I just recently found out that the vibe i am waiting on is never going to come  :( anyone got any other vibe things that they have heard and are good.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

cactuskeeb

I'll be able to answer your question in detail, from first hand experience, just as soon as my black cat vibe arrives from Finland and Bob Sweet finishes building my nickel-plated ultra vibe.  I'm not at all serious about vibes or anything.  :wink:

Stiles12

where are you getting your black cat vibe? I just talked to mike I am third on the list for one and he claims \"that, its not going to happen, and that I should seek another vibe alternative.\" fred is the guy in charge of these things and i guess his shop burnt down not to long ago.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

cactuskeeb

Hi Stiles,

A couple weeks ago I noticed someone's online classified ad stating he wanted to sell his original Black Cat Vibe (the CAE version, i.e. Trey's vibe).  The guy lives in Finland, where he plays professionally for a late-80s early 90's style hard rock band.  Judging from the pictures, it appears that the vibe must have went in his rack the day he got it and never took it out until just recently; in other words, it's almost mint.  
 :wink:

Walker done done

FWIW: I was reading online yesterday about some guy named Fred who was ripping people off and customers weren't getting their vibes OR their money back.  Can't remember his last name, but if type in Black Cat Vibe in Yahoo or Google you'll be able to find it.

If anyone finds a BCV, or someone who has more than one, let me know?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Yeah, I think what happened was that people purchased them off the analogman website even after Fred wasn't making them anymore.  Mike now has a disclaimer on the BCV page explaining the situation and asking people not to use paypal to purchase one because they'll charge you before the item ships.

For those of you who are interested in the Sweetsound product:
http://www.guitar25.com/index.php?page=store/item_view.php&pageid=5&item_id=A28&subid=

My BCV just arrived (thank Gd); I'll let everyone know what I think about the comparison between it and the ultra vibe when the latter arrives.

Stiles12

How does that black cat sound? let me know what the deal is, Im interested if it is far superior to accessible vibes out now.
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"Im interested if it is far superior to accessible vibes out now.

But accessable it is NOT.  Good luck trying to find one.  And if you do, LET ME KNOW WHERE!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

I am wondering if the black cat is far better than more accessible vibes on the market now.

I was not saying that the black cat is accessible; because as you know i was denied one after waiting for a year.
SPL Transducer

cactuskeeb

It sounds to me like you've got yourself a fine tremolo, but how's the swirl? :|  :wink:

cactuskeeb

I've got to hear this; otherwise I'm liable to disbelieve you.  Can't you scrounge up a mic and preamp to record something for us?

cactuskeeb