Effect Pedal's Boutique SRB808

Started by Heady Jam Fan, February 09, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

Any of you guys use this? The price is great for the 2 in 1 (dual) and they said they can do the standard 808 in the OD1 position and a standard 9 in the OD2 position (rather than the voicing they usually do with more bass/less mids).

How would this compare to the Analogman Silvers? I have two and this would hypothetically replace them. The benefit being I could sell the Silvers for quite a bit more than the SRB808 would cost and would only take up one 9v spot on my Furman.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

JamVol

Heady,

I have the srb808 plus duel drive.  I like it but it has to much bass boost so i just keep it in the normal position.  Dave is a great guy to deal with and will do whatever you want with the pedal.  If sour sends me that tubescreamer i would let you try out the one i have if you would like.
Guitars:  Ibanez ADJ91,  Ibanez AWD82, Martin D41  
Effects: GBC95--Ibanez Tubescreamer--Effects Pedal Boutique SRB808 plus Duel Drive--CmatMods Ross Clone--Nova Repeater--Boss TU-2--Digitech Jamman Delay                           
Amp: Fender DDRI
Effects not in use: Whammy 4 and various other crap

Heady Jam Fan

Thanks man - I might take you up on that! I was definitely going to get the normal TS voicing as his design already has more bass.

Anyone compare it to an original model TS?
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

JamVol

If you want to hear the srb with a unmodded tubescreamer you can go to my soundcloud page.  Its stuart420     Its just recorded with the ipad mic.
Effects: GBC95--Ibanez Tubescreamer--Effects Pedal Boutique SRB808 plus Duel Drive--CmatMods Ross Clone--Nova Repeater--Boss TU-2--Digitech Jamman Delay                           

Heady Jam Fan

Thanks Jam! So that is an SRB, but a standard version rather than the increased bass version they do?

Does anyone know if the clean setting on the 3 way clipping toggle is still voiced like a TS (mid hump) and still has the compression? I was thinking that would be nice to have as a footswitch rather than a toggle for quick switches between clean and dirty rhythm (I am decent with my volume knob, but, as in all things guitar, I am not Trey).

JamVol

The SRB is the standard but it has the bass boost on both sides.  The tubescreamer i have is unmodded.  I belive in the normal setting it is voiced like a regular TS, Down is more bass, and up is super bass. Hope that helps.

sour d

Quote from: JamVol on February 09, 2012, 01:25:29 PM
Heady,

I have the srb808 plus duel drive.  I like it but it has to much bass boost so i just keep it in the normal position.  Dave is a great guy to deal with and will do whatever you want with the pedal.  If sour sends me that tubescreamer i would let you try out the one i have if you would like.
Pedal is on the way.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Heady Jam Fan

Cool, I actually put in an order with Dave: vintage/original spec 808 into vintage/original spec 9.

If I can afford to keep my Silvers, I will do a comparison, otherwise, I will probably just try to find some time to record a few tunes using the SRB

Brian27

I just ordered a SRB808 about 4 weeks ago. I am super excited about it. I cant wait to get it and try it out  and compare it 2 my Stock SD1's