Main Menu

shine

Started by Wolfe, November 11, 2010, 06:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzEFpEAM--M

any thoughts//opinions would be schweet! thanks yall first vid i posted.
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

Happyorange27

It's pretty basic, just some chords.  I suppose it's good if you just started to learn guitar.  The video made me a little sea sick.  Can you sing with it or add a solo over top?

No ill feelings man, keep on truckin'.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Wolfe

i'll give it a shot...... any sickass tips?

Happyorange27

Just listen to you chord track and start humming a melody that might sound cool.  Then find those notes on a piano or on your guitar.  Try to record a second track with this melody.  The melody could be a nice contrast and something for the listener to follow.  When you here the same chords played repeatedly, it gets old fast.  Spice it up like you are cooking a nice soup of ear candy.  It doesn't have to be fast or technical, just a nice pleasing line that flows and compliments the chords.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 11, 2010, 03:07:34 PM
Spice it up like you are cooking a nice soup of ear candy. 

there are too many things wrong with this sentence
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Happyorange27

Quote from: patrickstefanski on November 11, 2010, 03:22:37 PM
Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 11, 2010, 03:07:34 PM
Spice it up like you are cooking a nice soup of ear candy. 

there are too many things wrong with this sentence

Patrick you have never had spicy ear candy soup???  Damn son, you better get a hold of some, it's the best :P

picture_of_nectar

Honestly, some of your chord changes are a bit rough.

I'd recomend slowing down the tempo until you can nail the changes clean, in time. Then gradually increase the tempo as long as you can make smooth transitions. A metronome is good for this.

My first instructor would allways say, "Play it slow and play it right. Practicing mistakes or bad habbits only makes you good at playing with poor technique." I remind myself this whenever I find myself flubbing through something trying to play it fast. 

Shine has a pretty tricky rhythm tho, so props for workin on it!
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Wolfe

yea.. i was a bit drunk at the time..... thanks picture :)'

then again... i'm never sober, so i guess that's not a good excuse.....

sour d

Quote from: Wolfe on November 12, 2010, 06:19:32 PM
yea.. i was a bit drunk at the time.....
I was going to suggest getting drunk. When I'm drunk my playing sounds way better... to me.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone