TC Nova Repeater vs TC Flashback Delay

Started by fulltone1989, July 10, 2011, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Evening all, I've currently got a Flashback which I like a lot, however I don't really use all of the features on it and would like to have some tap tempo back in my life. They're both TC branded but I am curious if anyone who owns both or tried both can comment on how different they sound. Thanks!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Happyorange27

Can't you "tap tempo" with the rhythm of your playing?  Is that not working out?  I figured that would give more precise tempo than foot tapping.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

fulltone1989

Quote from: Happyorange27 on July 10, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
Can't you "tap tempo" with the rhythm of your playing?  Is that not working out?  I figured that would give more precise tempo than foot tapping.

You can, however personal choice for me at least is using the foot to tap in a delay time. Also, the audio tapping isn't really useful for tapping in a delay on the fly, kind of something that takes a few seconds or at the beginning of a song.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

ColForbin

Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 11, 2011, 08:43:19 AM

You can, however personal choice for me at least is using the foot to tap in a delay time. Also, the audio tapping isn't really useful for tapping in a delay on the fly, kind of something that takes a few seconds or at the beginning of a song.

I have the flashback and love it, the audio strumming took some getting used to but I'm with it now.  If you need to change delay times in the middle of the song, I can see it being a pain though.  What I've been doing is if I know I'm going to use delay in a song, I will set the tempo for my drummer before we start playing.  When I switch on the delay, it's golden.  My understanding is that the delays sound the same on both pedals though, but I might be wrong, and probably am.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

fulltone1989

Quote from: ColForbin on July 14, 2011, 08:56:54 AM
Quote from: tomasmaclennan on July 11, 2011, 08:43:19 AM

I have the flashback and love it, the audio strumming took some getting used to but I'm with it now.  If you need to change delay times in the middle of the song, I can see it being a pain though.  What I've been doing is if I know I'm going to use delay in a song, I will set the tempo for my drummer before we start playing.  When I switch on the delay, it's golden.  My understanding is that the delays sound the same on both pedals though, but I might be wrong, and probably am.

I found someone on TGP who is interested in trading. I am pretty positive they have the same delay tones, will report once I get it.