Reverb pedal recommendations

Started by fsr76, October 25, 2011, 11:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsr76

I picked up a Line 6 Verbzilla pedal a while back and it's ok. Any advice on a good reverb pedal in the $100 price range?  I like the reverb that Steve Kimock uses but I think he uses an Alesis Midiverb and I'm looking for a pedal equivalent.
PHRED TA-01 guitar > Boss SD-1 > MXR Dynacomp II > TS-5 w/808 mod > EH Microsynth > EH Q-Tron > CryBaby (w/Mod) > VoodooLab MicroVibe > Boss CS-2 > Boss DD-3 > Line 6 Verbzilla

manicstarseed

I love my Nova Reverb, but thats like $250.
Have you looked at the T-rex reverb? It is a simple unit and sounds real nice.
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

fsr76

While checking out the T-Rex and the Nova, I came across the HardWire RV-7.  It's got Lexicon reverbs in it!

The Nova also sounds really nice.  Reverb was one of TC Electronics strength in the Powercore DSP card for computers, if not the only reason to buy one.

Anyone hear of or tried the HardWire RV-7?  Seems legit.
PHRED TA-01 guitar > Boss SD-1 > MXR Dynacomp II > TS-5 w/808 mod > EH Microsynth > EH Q-Tron > CryBaby (w/Mod) > VoodooLab MicroVibe > Boss CS-2 > Boss DD-3 > Line 6 Verbzilla

Brian27

The Hardwire sounds real good in an effects loop but not in a pedal chain. My opinion is Amp reverb is pretty much a waste when you can have a selection on reverbs to use.

fsr76

So putting the Hardwire at the end of my effects chain probably not gonna sound as good as running it through my amps effects loop?

Brian27

In my opinion Reverb at the end of a pedal chain sounds a lot different then when its placed in an effects loop. I have taken a Reverb pedal and used the same settings both in a chain and in the effects loop and to me it sounds much better when you have it in the effects loop. It just sounds like everything blends in wonderfully. Especially Delays. I love setting a medium delay setting like 900ms with 4 or 5 repeats in a  medium to large Plate reverb. The repeats sound amazing and if im running a chorus or a univibe it doesnt effect the reverb signal at all because its not included in my pedal chain.