Trey's signal path/use of TS9's

Started by fulltone1989, June 12, 2012, 09:18:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

I hear that, I downsized a lot and I don't miss the extra pedals or dirt variety - I can feel I can still get as much versatility, in a different way.

I am down to:
vibe>wah>2x TS>comp>delay

I was just thinking, you are using the Timmy as an alternate eq and boost - have you tried it after your other overdrive pedals with the bass and the treble pretty much completely rolled off?
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on June 13, 2012, 11:23:07 AM
I hear that, I downsized a lot and I don't miss the extra pedals or dirt variety - I can feel I can still get as much versatility, in a different way.

I am down to:
vibe>wah>2x TS>comp>delay

I was just thinking, you are using the Timmy as an alternate eq and boost - have you tried it after your other overdrive pedals with the bass and the treble pretty much completely rolled off?

Holy smokes, I have the Timmy setup after my OD's as a gritty chord OD but I haven't tried your suggestion yet, I just tried the treble at 11 , bass at 12 and volume above unity and gain at 10:30 or so and it sounded pretty sweet! Couldn't get the zen to where I liked it but the FDII sounded great, therefore I think I found the odd man out.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.