Main Menu

Crazy Delay's.

Started by Brian27, September 11, 2007, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

Sometimes Treys Delay speed gets faster and faster then slows back down during ceritan Jams along with the pitch of the delay getting higher and lower during speed changes. I was wonderfing if the delay and speed are controlled with the Boomerang or is it a patch on his DM2000?

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Brian27\"Sometimes Treys Delay speed gets faster and faster then slows back down during ceritan Jams along with the pitch of the delay getting higher and lower during speed changes. I was wonderfing if the delay and speed are controlled with the Boomerang or is it a patch on his DM2000?
The DM2000 has a modulation switch that can do this. I have never played with the CAE Super Tremolo but looking through the tech guide it looks like yo might can create some of these same effects with the trem. Anyone out there ever messed around with a Super Trem?
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Brian27

Speaking of the Super Trem that trey uses. I was watching 2001 from The Island Tour on Youtube and i saw the light from rate and depth controls A turn off and the light on rate and Depth controls B turn on so in my opinion A/B control might be one of the 2 switches on the Custom switch. Mode has to be the other switch. I know the Mode light indicates Tremolo speed.

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Brian27\"Speaking of the Super Trem that trey uses. I was watching 2001 from The Island Tour on Youtube and i saw the light from rate and depth controls A turn off and the light on rate and Depth controls B turn on so in my opinion A/B control might be one of the 2 switches on the Custom switch. Mode has to be the other switch. I know the Mode light indicates Tremolo speed.
That's interesting. Brian is still on tour with Tom Petty and hasn't answered any of my latest questions but I have asked him to explain the custom switch. The pedal has 2 switches and I know one is MODE and it would totally make sense that the other does control the A/B function. The kicker is, if you look at any pics there is only 1 cable coming out of that switch. We will find out before too long!
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

Y cable perhaps, if it is in a loop you can alsways Y cable in between switching units. thats what i would say other wise it might not be a quater inch on the other end.
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer