Main Menu

EQ's

Started by beebs, July 12, 2010, 02:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beebs

Does anyone here use an EQ? If so, where do you put it?

I'm thinking about getting an EQ since my super champ xd doesn't have a mid control. That way I can really boost up the mids where I need them to be. I'm not really sure where to put it though... I guess I have a couple of options.

1. Put it right after the guitar, that way I can boost the mids and drop down the bass to keep my overdrive from getting too mucked up with bass notes.
2. Put it right before my amp to tweak my overdriven tone.
3. Put one before my guitar to cut the bass and then one before the amp to boost them back up along with the mids (I guess I could just use the bass knob on my amp).

It would probably be best to test them all out, but I'm mainly deciding between a rack EQ for putting right in front of my amp, or an EQ pedal to put right before my wah. I would probably get a graphic eq in either event.

Ibanez SR300 Bass -> SWR Workingman's 15 Combo
Ibanez AS80 -> GCB -> TS-9 -> CS-3 -> RP3 -> Superchamp XD

Brian27

ive been thinking about getting one to boost my mids, but i kinda want to run it as a loop that way it doesnt mess with my setup. I absolutely love my tone so what ill probably do is get a Morley ABY box. and that way it doesnt ruin anything

beebs

After a little bit of tweaking, I've atleast been able to get somewhere with my super champ xd by turning the bass all the way down and mostly avoiding the kneck pickup in most instances (unless I'm trying to attempt some jazz or something). I never realized how much excessive bass there is in these amps, and my ear isn't up to par so I had to a/b it a lot. I wonder if Trey does the same thing since he is tone is very bright even with a jazzy humbucking guitar.
Ibanez SR300 Bass -> SWR Workingman's 15 Combo
Ibanez AS80 -> GCB -> TS-9 -> CS-3 -> RP3 -> Superchamp XD