Best place for tuner in pedal chain???

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, March 20, 2011, 04:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

SSIA, I think my rig is in my signature line or whatever thats called
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on March 20, 2011, 04:31:37 PM
SSIA, I think my rig is in my signature line or whatever thats called

first in the chain, or anywhere after your compressor, just remember if you do the latter to turn your guitar volume all the way up before tuning.

butterfly

Definately early.  Normally right after the wah.
Guys I like:  Scotty Moore, Luther Perkins, Chuck Berry, Pete Townshend, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Jerry Garcia, Johnny Ramone, John Frusciante, Dave Navarro, Mike McCready, Jack White and Trey.

sour d

If you were using the whammy you could use the dry output to the tuner and it would be out of your signal path all together.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

YouEnjoyMyReba

my whammy is fucked up :'( 

its just been sitting on the floor in my room for months now,  I really need to get it fixed.

Also, if any of you happen to be near Wilmington, NC this sunday night, come downtown to The Whiskey for a 1 night, 1 set tribute to Phish!
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Walker done done

Quote from: YouEnjoyMyReba on March 22, 2011, 11:01:10 AM
come downtown to The Whiskey for a 1 night, 1 set tribute to Phish!

Sweet, what's on the dockett?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

sour d

its just been sitting on the floor in my room for months now,  I really need to get it fixed.

What's wrong with the whammy?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

YouEnjoyMyReba

Quote from: Walker done done on March 22, 2011, 02:24:34 PM

Sweet, what's on the dockett?

Had practice last night and decided were gonna do Mike's, Slave, AC/DC Bag, Tube, Moma, Antelope, Funky Bitch and a couple others.  I really wanted to do Reba and YEM but we only have a week to practice and its just not enough time.

Quote from: sour d on March 22, 2011, 03:01:52 PM

What's wrong with the whammy?

Well, a couple of things.  The bypass button stopped working and even when I do manage to activate it it still makes this really loud, low pitch hum. 

Poster

^ sounds like you fried it by using the wrong power wart, maybe just for a second, I did that to my old whammy 4 years ago. Costs about 60 bucks bench costs from digitech repair.

sour d

Quote from: posternutbag on March 23, 2011, 01:33:09 PM
^ sounds like you fried it by using the wrong power wart, maybe just for a second, I did that to my old whammy 4 years ago. Costs about 60 bucks bench costs from digitech repair.
I don't know. Most pedal adaptors are dc voltage, the whammy is ac. If you plugged your whammy into a dc voltage adaptor then no damage would happen. It wouldn't work, but no damage. The bypass switch can be easily replaced or cleaned if it's not working. Any change in the hum when you mess with the input level knob? Wiggle the input cable jack to see if there is a difference too. More info. I want to fix this for you.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: sour d on March 24, 2011, 02:57:24 AM
Quote from: posternutbag on March 23, 2011, 01:33:09 PM
I don't know. Most pedal adaptors are dc voltage, the whammy is ac. If you plugged your whammy into a dc voltage adaptor then no damage would happen. It wouldn't work, but no damage. The bypass switch can be easily replaced or cleaned if it's not working. Any change in the hum when you mess with the input level knob? Wiggle the input cable jack to see if there is a difference too. More info. I want to fix this for you.

Do you always offer this much technical advice when you're buzzed lol ??

fulltone1989

Quote from: sour d on March 20, 2011, 08:44:40 PM
If you were using the whammy you could use the dry output to the tuner and it would be out of your signal path all together.

Isn't the purpose of a tuner to mute your signal when you tune onstage?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

fulltone1989

The LED on my Whammy II died out a few weeks ago, that cost about $100 to repair.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.