Wonder where's the Ocedoc?

Started by picture_of_nectar, July 09, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Haven't seen Trey playing the Ocedoc in a while? Saw him with the older Koa on Tab tour and looks he's still using it for Summer Tour.

Curious...
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

webephishin

yeah this summer they're all doing it different- Kuroda's light setup, stage setup with Fish in middle, and some of Trey's gear....I've been hearing a tremolo quite a bit this tour already.  Trey has really been raping his whammy thus far as well....not sure if I'm digging it when he plays it on every song.  I just kinda think he's using it a little too much, but I'm not Trey, and he's a jedi, so who the hell cares?  With that said I think he's gonna heat up a lot more the more he plays this summer...I think his playing isn't as strong as it could be but its early in the tour, it's been very up and down IMO....but again, he's a jedi and he will turn it up, I aint worried!
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

fulltone1989

I'm glad to see some serious jamming. Spac 1 was full of the psychedelic exploratory stuff, loved it. Hopefully they got Possum out of their system too. I saw that it was on a stand right where his little table is. The whale is like a repeat of 2010 summer tour oh no! Seems to be getting much better at it though.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Down_With_Sco

Trey used the Ocedoc on Ocelot and Rock & Roll in Bangor; it's sitting right next to Page's organ. Agreed the Whammy usage is getting a bit much like leg 1 2010.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Stecks

I'm sort of hoping his Whammy dies from overuse :P   
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

fulltone1989

Quote from: Stecks on July 15, 2013, 11:32:49 AM
I'm sort of hoping his Whammy dies from overuse :P   

Was listening to 7/6/2013 and during the Chalkdust solo he was using it... seriously. It sounds much better now but I'd hope it would be for tasteful purposes instead of smearing onto every song. People will think it's a crutch or something.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.