Treys new stomp boxes? Fall '13

Started by picture_of_nectar, October 27, 2013, 01:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Anybody notice the black lookin pedal above the TS9s, and the two similar dark lookin boxes just above the whammy?

They look like maybe dirt pedals?

I caught a glimpse in that Hampton Carini (maybe the Tweezer) that they upped on Vimeo.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on October 27, 2013, 01:53:52 AM
Anybody notice the black lookin pedal above the TS9s, and the two similar dark lookin boxes just above the whammy?

They look like maybe dirt pedals?

I caught a glimpse in that Hampton Carini (maybe the Tweezer) that they upped on Vimeo.

Are they True bypass switchers? I thought I saw a picture of Brian Brown holding similar boxes to those you are describing and it was found out on TGP to be Keeley loopers or similar.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

If I was smarter right now I could cue up a still shot of the scene. All I know is that it was toward the end of one of the Hampton videos on phish.com. I'll try when I'm sober.

picture_of_nectar

Helping Friendly

Dude he's got 3 of them so if I had to guess,, yes true bypasses. Hence also the 2 input 2 output on each. BUT, I have been wrong before  ???

Kind of weird why he would need them with the switching system he has. Maybe so he dosent have to move far to get it done? I don't know how he manages to tap dance those effects all night and not fall over! lol

No Nice Guy

Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

ColForbin

It might have something to do with the new box he has strapped onto his guitar.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151638141941290&set=a.10151638140516290.1073741859.6458611289&type=3&theater

Posted already on this forum.  But it that's some sort of a external buffered effects loop, it's conceivable that the new box is an effects bypass.  Like what Jerry would do with his obel.  Just a thought...

Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

GonePhishing46

I can confirm one box said
[WHAM]
IN
OUT
WET
DRY

The other box says _OW, or something similar, and IN OUT WET DRY.
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

GonePhishing46

could be DM2000. I don't know of anything else with a Wet/Dry out
Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

Brian27

I wonder if he is thinking about ditching the CAE 4x4 switcher.

Helping Friendly

Quote from: Brian27 on November 01, 2013, 02:47:44 PM
I wonder if he is thinking about ditching the CAE 4x4 switcher.

If so I will gladly take it off his hands  ;D

Brian27

I spotted what looks like an Alesis  reverb of some kind sitting on his TC Electronic Nova Repeater.

Down_With_Sco

The whammy II's have a dry out. Maybe he's finally utilizing that?
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo