Trey 1996 Rig From Guitar Shop Magazine

Started by GonePhishing46, November 01, 2013, 02:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GonePhishing46

Haven't ever seen this posted on the web so I thought I'd share.

Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

fulltone1989

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! So if I am reading this correctly then the comp would go between the two TS pedals?

TS #1 (L1)
TS #2 (L2)
Comp as part of Vol-Wah-Comp chain (between L1 and L2)

As stated on pic
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

GonePhishing46

Here's my updated version. This is my Fall '95 rig diagram, my favorite tone.
I've also included the settings based on pictures of the rig. I assure the settings to be accurate. This is a good diagram to reference when setting up for the 1995 period through at least Clifford's Ball, to my knowledge.
I've been working on it for the past month. Hope y'all enjoy, I put a lot of time into it as you can imagine.

Here's the RS-10. Some of the buttons on Trey's foot controller are blacked out with tape/velcro, but I included them anyways.

Custom Hollowbody -> TS-10 -> TS-9 modded -> Ross Compressor -> Whammy II (True Bypass) -> Tuner -> Black Cat Vibe -> Alesis Quadraverb -> Groove Tubes Soul-O-75 -> Groove Tubes 4x10 Cabinet || Hammond Leslie

GonePhishing46

Here's some quick demos of what my sound is like, using the 1995 settings. I'm playing at bedroom level, so I lack my usual sustain. Not really keeping time either, but hey... it's just to display the tone.

Just put my macbook in front of my cab and used built-in microphone. I also accidentally left the 'ambient noise reduction' on, so it makes a weird phasing sound sometimes. I don't use a phaser. So basically, I haven't bought any recording gear yet...

http://soundcloud.com/gonephishing46/new-phish-demo-songs

No Nice Guy

Quote from: GonePhishing46 on November 01, 2013, 11:50:52 PM
Here's some quick demos of what my sound is like, using the 1995 settings. I'm playing at bedroom level, so I lack my usual sustain. Not really keeping time either, but hey... it's just to display the tone.

Just put my macbook in front of my cab and used built-in microphone. I also accidentally left the 'ambient noise reduction' on, so it makes a weird phasing sound sometimes. I don't use a phaser. So basically, I haven't bought any recording gear yet...

Would you mind tabbing out that way of playing Possum, or is it the one on here/Emil's?  I can't get that one to sound right...
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

GonePhishing46

GonePhishing46

GonePhishing46

Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 02, 2013, 02:17:01 AM

Would you mind tabbing out that way of playing Possum, or is it the one on here/Emil's?  I can't get that one to sound right...

Yeah I'll get it to you next time I pick up my guitar

fulltone1989

Sounds great! You have inspired me to upload some samples and pics.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

GonePhishing46

Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 02, 2013, 02:17:01 AM

http://youtu.be/-I2mZUdA1co

No Nice Guy

Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

GonePhishing46

Happyorange27

A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex