NYE 2014 Treys rig?

Started by tsbot, December 28, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsbot

Okay I know it's early - but what effect is trey messing with (with his hands) on a bench near the keys?  Seems like a delay of some sort. Mostly during the jams!

Also is the Bogner head new - I new he used the combo but haven't seen the head only before!

It's only end of set one and I wanna know!

Happy New Years!

Walker done done

Never too early to talk shop. Not sure what that thing next to him is but we need a better shot of it! At first I thought it was a mixer of sorts so he could blend in how much he wanted of each band mate, but maybe not.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

tsbot

Right on it IS never too early!   It doesn't seem to be a mixer because the first time I saw it (about 3 so songs in - technical difficulties on my end haha) he was really killin the siren with it then speeding it up and slowing it down with the turn of a knob!

Man I wish I was there!  Beer out of my keg and a fire in the fireplace w/ enchiladas in the oven is a VERY distant second....

webephishin

It's a vintage tape delay thingy majig.....Tom Marshall said it's called an Echoplex...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoplex
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

tsbot

Nice!  Makes sense - now I need one haha!

No Nice Guy

Quote from: webephishin on December 28, 2013, 10:16:40 PM
It's a vintage tape delay thingy majig.....Tom Marshall said it's called an Echoplex...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoplex

I was wondering what that was during Wolfman's, but no one there seemed to know.  We didn't think much of it, because we were too busy dancing.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

No Nice Guy

Also I was relistening to that Wolfman's (go do it, it's one of the highlights of the show), and it sounds kinda like he's rockin' a new wah.  I'll post a link to an AUD source when one pops up, but until then there's probably an upload of the webcast somewhere on YouTube, if you wanna find what I'm talking about.

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

the_great_lemon

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Interesting to see that the Mark III is gone. At least not visible!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

tsbot

Seems all Bogner now - dammit - now I need a new amp and an Echoplex haha!

TheSeeker

If you guys don't feel like dropping a ton of money on an echoplex, I just got a Catalinbread Echorec that sounds really, really killer!!  It's mostly used in my Floyd rig, but you can really do so much with it.
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

No Nice Guy

Did anyone see what guitar/amp he was using on the truck?  I couldn't see from my seat (though Mike was using the old 'Doc bass, which was pretty interesting to see).

IamWILSON

Quote from: No Nice Guy on January 01, 2014, 12:54:45 PM
Did anyone see what guitar/amp he was using on the truck?  I couldn't see from my seat (though Mike was using the old 'Doc bass, which was pretty interesting to see).

Watched the stream, never could see Trey's amp, but he was playing his first Doc! 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Down_With_Sco

Trey was using the Mesa MKIII thru the second Languedoc cabinet using the #1 Blonde guitar.

What I want to know what pedals he was using. Maybe just 2 tube screamers, wah, and a ross?
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Down_With_Sco on January 01, 2014, 02:50:03 PM
Trey was using the Mesa MKIII thru the second Languedoc cabinet using the #2 Blonde guitar (with the single coil).

What I want to know what pedals he was using. Maybe just 2 tube screamers and a ross?

From what I hear it was just a pair of TS9's and a Ross, nothing further.  I really like the sound he had going there.