studio/practice space

Started by cactuskeeb, March 16, 2011, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: Walker done done on March 16, 2011, 02:15:42 PM
Looks familiar...

Yeah, but look closely at all the little nuances and you will realize the genius of this space.   :D

The key to its sound is located in the Pop Secret box in the upper right corner of the photo.  I have a custom line buffer, power supply, and micro-amp built into the inside and it's all covered in nail polish to keep out the microphonics.

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 16, 2011, 02:24:18 PM
The key to its sound is located in the Pop Secret box in the upper right corner of the photo.  I have a custom line buffer, power supply, and micro-amp built into the inside and it's all covered in nail polish to keep out the microphonics.
Hehe... Those pop secret boxes are SHIT!! I used to have one. Dumped it for a newman's own 4 pack. Way better. I had 14 different techs go through it. They added 24v relays, filled it with silicone, 64 toggles for different popping times.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Quote from: sour d on March 16, 2011, 04:17:30 PM
Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 16, 2011, 02:24:18 PM
Hehe... Those pop secret boxes are SHIT!! I used to have one. Dumped it for a newman's own 4 pack. Way better. I had 14 different techs go through it. They added 24v relays, filled it with silicone, 64 toggles for different popping times.

Laugh of the day, right there! :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

everybody done blowing each other in here? my pop secret box has a picture of every-bodies mommy in it, I made sure to buffer all of their relays with my own silicone tube.

kidding!

nice looking jam spot keebers! hope the neighbors dont bother ya much. mine have pretty much accepted their plebeian roles. on nice days, they all just sit out on their front lawns drinking lemonade, making the best of it :0) these 100 year old plaster walls have zero dampening, even though were not loud, you can hear it from 3 blocks away.

picture_of_nectar

Quote from: posternutbag on March 18, 2011, 11:44:43 PM
everybody done blowing each other in here?

are you done being a douchebag?
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Happyorange27

everybody done blowing each other in here? my pop secret box has a picture of every-bodies mommy in it, I made sure to buffer all of their relays with my own silicone tube.

Laugh of the day, right there!  :P
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Poster

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on March 19, 2011, 03:39:10 PM
everybody done blowing each other in here?

are you done being a douchebag?

Limmywinks is acting up today huh PON?

cactuskeeb

nice looking jam spot keebers! hope the neighbors dont bother ya much. mine have pretty much accepted their plebeian roles. on nice days, they all just sit out on their front lawns drinking lemonade, making the best of it :0) these 100 year old plaster walls have zero dampening, even though were not loud, you can hear it from 3 blocks away.

It's funny you mention the neighbor thing, because I have no idea how loud this sounds outside the house when I'm playing; and when I do play, I turn it up as loud as possible.  I'm considering putting a letter in the mailboxes of the three houses surrounding mine, asking them to please call or text me if my playing ever gets on their nerves.  I don't have paper thin walls, by any means, but at least one of my neighbors is outside a lot with their family because they have a trampoline in their backyard, where a bunch of other neighborhood kids play as well.  The kids are often outside causing a commotion when I'm ripping it up inside but I don't think it has anything at all to do with me: they yell, scream, throw things, and cry regardless of whether I am playing or not, because it's just how they roll, being as they are very young kids.  And the adults that live in these houses seem entirely unconcerned with what I am doing, decibel-wise, to the air around my house, so I guess it's all fine.  But I wonder if you can hear me down the street when it's really quiet in the neighborhood, like early in the afternoon...??

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 22, 2011, 05:05:34 AM

It's funny you mention the neighbor thing, because I have no idea how loud this sounds outside the house when I'm playing; and when I do play, I turn it up as loud as possible.  I'm considering putting a letter in the mailboxes of the three houses surrounding mine, asking them to please call or text me if my playing ever gets on their nerves.  I don't have paper thin walls, by any means, but at least one of my neighbors is outside a lot with their family because they have a trampoline in their backyard, where a bunch of other neighborhood kids play as well.  The kids are often outside causing a commotion when I'm ripping it up inside but I don't think it has anything at all to do with me: they yell, scream, throw things, and cry regardless of whether I am playing or not, because it's just how they roll, being as they are very young kids.  And the adults that live in these houses seem entirely unconcerned with what I am doing, decibel-wise, to the air around my house, so I guess it's all fine.  But I wonder if you can hear me down the street when it's really quiet in the neighborhood, like early in the afternoon...??

The easiest way to check is to loop something loud into your amp and take a walk outside.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Quote from: sour d on March 22, 2011, 07:17:21 AM
The easiest way to check is to loop something loud into your amp and take a walk outside.

Damn D you stole my reply :o.  I was going to post the exact thing :P 

I did this once and was surprised that my 90 year house was pretty quiet.  Granted there are new windows installed.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

cactuskeeb

You guys, I don't use a boomerang or other looper.

OK, so that might be the best way to check but, anyway, for my sake, does anyone have a different idea?  I'm not going to have someone come over and strum my guitar while I check the outside volume, because that's just too stupid to ask someone to do.

sour d

Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 24, 2011, 01:21:48 AM

OK, so that might be the best way to check but, anyway, for my sake, does anyone have a different idea?  I'm not going to have someone come over and strum my guitar while I check the outside volume, because that's just too stupid to ask someone to do.
You can line out from your laptop using the headphone jack to a 1/4" adaptor into your amp with something you've already recorded, adjust the volume to what you usually shred with, then take a walk outside.

cactuskeeb

Quote from: sour d on March 24, 2011, 02:35:07 AM
Quote from: cactuskeeb on March 24, 2011, 01:21:48 AM

OK, so that might be the best way to check but, anyway, for my sake, does anyone have a different idea?  I'm not going to have someone come over and strum my guitar while I check the outside volume, because that's just too stupid to ask someone to do.
You can line out from your laptop using the headphone jack to a 1/4" adaptor into your amp with something you've already recorded, adjust the volume to what you usually shred with, then take a walk outside.

Yeah, I considered doing that...do you think I run the risk of damaging any components, or the speaker?