My first "When I said this...I was being a dumbsh*t" post.

Started by cactuskeeb, June 30, 2008, 01:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

So, I would like to take back everything I said about the PRS I modified being the so great.  I now know better.  My new guitar sounds like an instrument should, I think.  It makes the PRS, and every other sawdust-and-glue guitar I've owned, a waste of thousands of dollars.  I bought the one you see below from Darrell Cook for 1800.  It's actual, real MUSICAL instrument-sounding!  Not ELECTRIC TOY (e.g., every electric guitar on the mass-production market).  Anyway, it's alaska spruce top, mertle wood bottom, koa everywhere else, basically.  I put an ABR bridge piece on the koa bridge piece.  This picture was pre-fine tuning adjustments; hence string height.  Although it would be the best repair shop "setup" I've ever seen lol.  That's why I like stew-mac.  Yes, you're paying too much for every tool you buy there but have you ever gotten a good setup from a store?  All they ever say is "I setup the guitar purely by ear" as if excusing themselves from having to use a ruler, and doing the job right.

ColForbin

That is one gorgeous guitar, I wanna be friends with it.
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

GDCSH-1

"Make Your Move To Improve Your Groove" -Magic Hat cap