I (ultimately) sell every amp I buy, so (now) I built my own [thread]

Started by cactuskeeb, June 30, 2008, 02:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

Here's my solution to the "midrange boost" where the trem/vibrato circuit used to reside.  It takes care of the normal channel; the push pull treble pot also depicted in photo (below) takes care of the midboost on the "vibrato" channel.  If you tested for everything a capacitor can be tested for, you would have what you see here, at least as far as concerns the phase inverter section and tone stacks of a classic Fender brown/black-face amp.  And no, I don't do a sound test before I make decisions on the components or their placements or value/rating.  Think that's not possible?   :o     

I'll defend what's under the hood of this hotrod, and if you think your muscle-DR is sicker than mine, you're wrong, btich.

cactuskeeb

Here's the final board layout, minus one .68 coupling cap I still need.  The second picture below depicts the last two stages of the main baord; and these are, from right to left, the emptied vibrato circuit, the boost (mod) stage, and phase inverter. 

cactuskeeb

update:

cactuskeeb

Seriously, it would be hilarious. 

I might even have my wife camera phone the actual moment I turn it on, just in case there is fireworks or the initial silence is suddenly punctuated by loud popping noises. 

Actually, I will have her do that, I promise.