Tell me I can finish this amp, please.

Started by cactuskeeb, November 20, 2008, 09:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

You cannot even be in this room for more than an hour without feeling like you just huffed primer out of a plastic bag for twenty minutes straight.  I should warn the future owner of this rented house, do not put your child in this room because the volume of lead, pulverized rodent fur, PCB's, and other nastiness could easily give him or her bone cancer within the first three months of being warded in this room.

Walker done done

Wow...I am actually at a loss for words - that looks like hell.  So what's the story behind this one?
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

I bought a lot of parts.  Then I read a lot of stuff on vintage amp designs and studied photos of 1940s-60s Fenders, Marshalls, and old Gibson amps.  I finished my design, which is an amalgam of Tweed style, Marshall Plexi, and Blackface.  All I have left is the lead dress, which is quite tedious work, and it's not the kind of thing my "adult adhd" typically allows me to do. 

Poster

you should get  somebody to clean your house dude. your amp will be finished, but you will be hooked up to a respirator LOL  ;D

cactuskeeb

Maybe the veterans get used to it eventually, but honestly it's harder than it looks to build this type of stuff b/c you inevitably get a mean buzz off the solder fumes, probably from the flux gases.  That is to say, right away you have to work under the condition of being more or less messed up while you're trying to complete a dangerous task.