Quick question about the doc

Started by gone phishing, January 13, 2012, 04:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gone phishing

The knobs are tone and volume? Or something else?

And also the little switches are for series/parallel and coil tap?

Sorry if I just look like a jackass haha I've wanted to know this

picture_of_nectar

yes, forward switch is coil tap, rear is series/parallel.

When switched to Series it effectively turns both pickups into one, so the 3 way pickup switch does nothing. In this setting it has a fatter, or hotter tone.

A really cool setting is split in series, gives it a bit more of  a twangy, almost tele tone.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

patrickstefanski

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 13, 2012, 05:26:07 PM
yes, forward switch is coil tap, rear is series/parallel.

When switched to Series it effectively turns both pickups into one, so the 3 way pickup switch does nothing. In this setting it has a fatter, or hotter tone.

A really cool setting is split in series, gives it a bit more of  a twangy, almost tele tone.

yeah, how the hell would you know?!
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

picture_of_nectar

cause I play it everyday almost everyday... ;)

gone phishing

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on January 13, 2012, 06:45:39 PM
cause I play it everyday almost everyday... ;)
you lucky person haha. but thanks for the response man

fulltone1989

Sorry for the thread-jacking, there's a youtube of a possibly-new doc of Trey's that he was playing during the set-break at 12/31/11 - It was on the stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9m5HTGWVLA&context=C3faf6deADOEgsToPDskKg-annln5GAUT2Z1ayVcHM

At around the 1:30:00 mark you can see Red riff on it after Fishman describes his reggae/blues discovery. It's a G4, Tobacco-burst, with white binding on the body.

I'd definitely recommend favoriting or DL'ing the whole run and watching it.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

the_great_lemon

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it might be his old spruce topped doc.  It was either before or after his maple/padauk one...
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

picture_of_nectar

It is. Was Sunburst-ed sometime in the last few years. Unless he has more than one which isn't all that unlikely.

gone phishing

Quote from: the_great_lemon on January 13, 2012, 08:44:43 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it might be his old spruce topped doc.  It was either before or after his maple/padauk one...
Yeah I thought this as well

IamWILSON

Yeah his old spruce top was redone.  Notice the Marley inlay on the headstock!
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

fulltone1989

My bad guys, didn't even notice that. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the vid!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Phabulous

So that's Old Reliable, with a refinish job?  I guess Paul filled in the old hole where the single coil used to be?