Heavy Dime @ TEIA Club, Peaks Island, ME

Started by Walker done done, September 29, 2010, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Played a wedding a week or so ago.  Yes, a wedding.  Us?  That's what I said when they asked us to do it ("you want us?"), but it turned out these were some pretty hip folks.  Big jam band crowd; it was friggin' great!  And who doesn't want to play on an island off the coast of Maine in the fall???  It was picture perfect weather and we had a ball.  Anyways, thought I'd share the setlist.  We ended up learning a bunch of new songs (by request of the bride/groom/wedding party peeps), some of which we were able to test drive prior to this gig @ LPV, some busted out here for the first time.

Saturday 9/18/10 TEIA Club - Peaks Island, ME

Soundcheck: The Fez, Cumberland Blues, Elko

* = 1st time played
^ = with Tom Morse on mandolin
# = with Jenileigh Taylor on lead vocals

I.

1. Take Your Momma Out (Scissor Sisters)
2. *^Elko (Railroad Earth)
3. ^Cumberland Blues > (Grateful Dead)
4. ^Folsom Prison Blues > (Johnny Cash)
5. ^Cumberland Blues (Grateful Dead)
6. ^Rather Go Fishin' (Strangefolk)
7. Gotta Jibboo (Phish)
8. Backwards Down The Number Line (Phish)
9. Kids (MGMT)
10. Crosseyed & Painless (Talking Heads)
11. Cities (Talking Heads)
12. Roses Are Free (Ween)
13. *^Body In The Lake (The Codetalkers)
14. ^Alaska (Phish)
15. #No Rain (Blind Melon)
16. Kill Devil Falls (Phish)
17. Take On Me (A-ha)

II.
1. #How Come (Ray LaMontagne)
2. #It's My Life (No Doubt / Talk Talk)
3. *^China Cat Sunflower > (Grateful Dead)
4. ^I Know You Rider (Grateful Dead)
5. Sample In A Jar (Phish)
6. Sex On Fire (Kings Of Leon)
7. Billie Jean > Jam > (Michael Jackson)
8. Psycho Killer (Talking Heads)
9. Lines and Circles (Strangefolk)
10. Mike's Song > (Phish)
11. ^Mrs. Robinson > (Simon & Garfunkle)
12. ^The Old Home Place > (Phish / The Dillards)
13. *^Weekapaug Groove (Phish)

III.
1. ^Franklin's Tower (Grateful Dead)
2. Bathtub Gin (Phish)
3. ^Into The Mystic (Van Morrison)
4. Rock and Roll (The Velvet Underground)
5. Shakedown Street > (Grateful Dead)
6. Dm Jam > (Heavy Dime)
7. I Heard It Through The Grapevine (Marvin Gaye)
8. Money For Nothing (Dire Straits)
9. Roadhouse Blues (The Doors)
10. Are You Gonna Go My Way (Lenny Kravitz)

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

raisingfreen

Walker, I will assume you put the Digitech RPM-1 to work for "Body In The Lake". Back and forth between slow and fast etc... That is a pretty cool sound Bobby Lee gets with that hollowbody gibson he uses.

Nice setlist. Sounds like the audience was pretty into this stuff. I would have come however we had a chance to get a beach house in Ellis Island for the weekend.

It sounds like the requests you guys did get came from songs heard on Jam On (sirus). A bunch of the ones on your list are regularly played there including the formally Codetalkers. Now Bobby Lee Rodgers Band.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux